cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black tank repair

mikewats
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve noticed a very small leak under my fifth wheel. Maybe black tank but not sure. Does anyone know of a company or mobile RV service that can look at this. My unit is located in Winter Garden FL in covered storage. If someone could recommend someone in the Orlando area it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Watson
Mikewats
06 Dodge 3500DRW-5.9 Banks Econo-tuner, High Ram intake, Ram Air Intake Sys.
2011 Carriage Cameo 36 FWS, 17.5 Michelin
4 REPLIES 4

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Plastic- Mend online if interested in DITY but you’ll have to drop the belly to find the leak
If the tank has to be replaced just getting one can take awhile
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
Hope you'll find a good shop that can fix that. Update us

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Any mobile tech should be able to handle the checking. However, some will opt out of anything related to waste tanks. Most of the time, a cracked black tank cannot be successfully repaired although some have done a plastic welding to repair the problem.

Good luck and hopefully it is just a small leak at a pipe joint that can be easily repaired. The belly pan will most like have to be dropped to get to the area.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Call your local RV dealers and ask for recommendations.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD