cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless Camera Relay

marpel
Explorer
Explorer
Have wanted to set up a camera on the rear of the trailer. Initially thought I was going to be able to run wired camera to the truck's Infotainment centre, as per assurance from dealer at time of purchase, but turns out they were wrong.

Although I prefer not having a separate monitor for this purpose, I have started looking at after-market systems. Would rather not have to run wires along truck and through firewall, so figure wireless is an option. But have heard/read of issues with some systems, regarding loss of signal.

Not knowing that much about these things, why can't one have an antenna on the roof at the camera location, and a second antenna on the roof at the front of the trailer. This second antenna would have direct line of sight to both the camera antenna and the truck cab, and act as a signal relay/booster? Or is this not possible??

Marv
2 REPLIES 2

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 42' 5th wheel, 8' bed, crew cab pickup. No signal issues with the Furrion 3 camera system.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
How big is your trailer? Mine is 34' and I have a full bed crew cab and I have no issue with the AMTIFO camera I bought off Amazon for $140. It comes with everything you need to wire it on an unprepared trailer or one with the Furion prewire system.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH