cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Foot Jacks

mikewats
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone has had to repair hydraulic jack on the Big Foot system. I am not sure but I think one of my front jack is leaking a small amount. I live in Marietta Georgia but keep my Carriage Cameo fifth wheel in covered storage in Winter Garden FL. Does anyone know of a person that can service this type of problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Watson
Mikewats
06 Dodge 3500DRW-5.9 Banks Econo-tuner, High Ram intake, Ram Air Intake Sys.
2011 Carriage Cameo 36 FWS, 17.5 Michelin
5 REPLIES 5

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
eHoefler wrote:
You can try using power steering stop leak, it has a formulation to re-soften the seals and restore their sealing capability. I have used it in several types of hydraulic systems. Just top off the fluid with it and go on as usual. It will take awhile to work into the system, but it will work if you had a seal weeping.

I'll see if that could help my neighbor. He got this mysterious leak around the steering.

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
FWIW, make sure it's the cylinder leaking, and not a hose. I had to replace a hose, and maybe another one this spring, due to crazing of the hose. It was actually oozing through the hose itself. Not a huge amount, but it makes a mess no matter what.

Good suggestion!
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW, make sure it's the cylinder leaking, and not a hose. I had to replace a hose, and maybe another one this spring, due to crazing of the hose. It was actually oozing through the hose itself. Not a huge amount, but it makes a mess no matter what.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can try using power steering stop leak, it has a formulation to re-soften the seals and restore their sealing capability. I have used it in several types of hydraulic systems. Just top off the fluid with it and go on as usual. It will take awhile to work into the system, but it will work if you had a seal weeping.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
You can try

Mobile RV Repair of Florida (located in Longwood)
(689)-229-8192

They did some work for me before I sold the Titanium and were satisfactory.

A
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"