cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Gear Pro Shipping

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, I need to replace my 11 year old Barker VIP 3500 electric tongue jack (18" throw). Has anyone purchased this jack or similar from RV Gear Pro in Vancouver Washington? That's a long way to Texas and these days lots of stuff is simply shipped in the manufacturers packaging only and gets beat up and/or damaged along the way. I was wondering how this company ships their merchandise, hearing from real customers.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike and Kim
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 308RETS, TST 507 TPMS
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep
Equal-i-zer 1400/14K Hitch
9 REPLIES 9

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
If thats what you want, order it. Worry about the problems IF they arise. Most likely, it will be fine. If you are really concerned, Call Barker and ask them how its packaged and that you have concerns. See what they say.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Mike, what you’re asking sounds like something only busy body’s worry about. Besides it’s a heavy item. It may get scratched. Who cares. If you need a jack order one from whomever you want to.
But you last post is confusing. You’re saying it has trouble lifting your truck to hook the bars, right?
If you buy the same capacity jack it won’t be any stronger.
Or do you just need more throw? Doesn’t make sense as you could put a block under the jack to get higher lift. No way more than 18” is needed.
Just printing you to think about what you’re really after here. Nothing to do with shipping.

I already use two stacks of 3 each of 2x12 lumber pieces under the jack foot. No more will fit underneath. I just need more throw, and the current jack motor is struggling. It is 11 years old and has performed faithfully. And yes, I am concerned about packaging and shipping these days. I've received even moderately heavy stuff lately that has been beaten and dropped to heck. A royal pain to return merchandise that is damaged and heavy.

Mike
Mike and Kim
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mike,

PPL in TX carries the Barker VIP 3500. https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/towing-hitches-jacks-chassis/jacks-levelers/tongue-jacks-electr...

Not sure what stroke that model has. The word description sounds incorrect. A 6 x 6 wood block could solve your stroke problem. If they have it in their warehouse, the shipping distance is less or you may be close enough to go pick it up. Not sure where in TX you are.

That said, any Barker dealer out of stock may have them dropped shipped from Barker in MI.

Call PPL, I have bought from them in the past and they are good to work with from my transactions.

Hope this helps

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Mike, what you’re asking sounds like something only busy body’s worry about. Besides it’s a heavy item. It may get scratched. Who cares. If you need a jack order one from whomever you want to.
But you last post is confusing. You’re saying it has trouble lifting your truck to hook the bars, right?
If you buy the same capacity jack it won’t be any stronger.
Or do you just need more throw? Doesn’t make sense as you could put a block under the jack to get higher lift. No way more than 18” is needed.
Just printing you to think about what you’re really after here. Nothing to do with shipping.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, OP here, I am replacing my 18” throw Barker VIP 3500 with the 24” throw VIP 3500. My current jack struggles to lift my truck nowadays and sometimes I get into positions where I have to use the bar lift assist wrench to get them on the the Equalizer L brackets. I am inquiring about packaging for shipment, as nowadays some businesses are simply sending only using the retail packaging that things come in without any additional packaging or reinforcement, and sometimes they get pretty beat up. I will call these folks today and check with them. I was interested in previous experiences with them. Thanks for your interest.
Mike
Mike and Kim

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
How about your local Harbor Freight?
Trailer jack

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
mikefos wrote:
Howdy, I need to replace my 11 year old Barker VIP 3500 electric tongue jack (18" throw). Has anyone purchased this jack or similar from RV Gear Pro in Vancouver Washington? That's a long way to Texas and these days lots of stuff is simply shipped in the manufacturers packaging only and gets beat up and/or damaged along the way. I was wondering how this company ships their merchandise, hearing from real customers.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I do not know that company, but I did buy 2 of the Barker 3500# ball screw jacks in the last few years. The last one in 2021 I bought from RV Parts Pro on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/134386269234

Check the Barker PN to make sure has the stroke you want. I do not recall the travel distance out of my head. I think the ACME screw jacks have the ability for more strokes, an 18 and maybe a 24", but the ball screw one is their best jack/strongest that I have, I think it was only the 18", but check the part number.

I had no issues with the shipping.

And yes, I would buy another Barker in a heartbeat. They are still made here in the US and they are built well. If you have a problem, call them, they will help.

Hope this helps,

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Any tongue jack should fit.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Appears that some Home depot carry it!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker