cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My fault

Freeway_Flyer_0
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I would get smarter as I got older. Too much adulting and not enough playing. Only have 3 trips booked for 2023. I promise next year to do better.
2007 Dodge QC 4x4 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD
2014 Stealth BP TH
2017 Harley Ultra Limited
11 REPLIES 11

dedmiston
opnspaces wrote:
To me a season is October to April then the trailer gets put away for the summer. So I have to claim seasons as 2021-2022 or currently 2022-2023.

So far this season I have about 7 weekends under my belt having just returned yesterday. How many more trips I take this year may largely be influenced by work stresses and in generally dealing with my close fiends of the opposite gender. When things act up I tend to go camping for the weekends. When things are smooth I tend to stay in town.

Same here for the seasons. Is this because you ride off-road?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
To me a season is October to April then the trailer gets put away for the summer. So I have to claim seasons as 2021-2022 or currently 2022-2023.

So far this season I have about 7 weekends under my belt having just returned yesterday. How many more trips I take this year may largely be influenced by work stresses and in generally dealing with my close fiends of the opposite gender. When things act up I tend to go camping for the weekends. When things are smooth I tend to stay in town.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have ONE trip planned for 2023. Back to my snowbird spot.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lantley wrote:
In my area its hard to get a spot if you don't reserve a site 9-12 months in advance

Same here, at least for the WA State Parks we prefer to go to. To get a "choice" site, the max reserve time is 9 months, and it fills up fast if you are not on the site the moment it hits 7am on that 9 month lead day.. Sometimes, you have to reserve a few days ahead just to grab the site and then pay the cancel fee for the extra days you won't use...

Covid was only an issue for the first month of May 2020 where they did cancel our 9 month old reservation.. I made the best of it and went someplace else, but we have been able to do our normal 5-6 long weekend trips a year since.

We only go once a month during the summer, as it's expensive and still working, so there you go.. but those 4 day weekends once a month is nice! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
This was a funny year for us for trips. We did three local trips and then two really long trips. One that was 4 weeks all over BC and the island and another one that was 7 weeks (across Canada to Quebec and back from BC). Normally we only do one longer and a lot of local trips. Total of 15200 kilometers. We never ran into a full campground and we never made one reservation. But we were always off the road early so a few times we were lucky to get one of the last spots, plus we are small and can fit anywhere.

Next year (starting may) we are going to head down the west coast but weโ€™ll start by crossing over to Vancouver island and then head south from there to port Angeles. There is a ton of hiking on the coast and we hope to get a lot in. Fuel prices are a lot lower this year so campgrounds might be a bit fuller. Guess weโ€™ll see. :).

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Planning our first trip of the year for April/May. Second & third trips are already figured out. Yeah, right! What happened is the first trip was postponed to become the third, so now we're filling the first.
With having to make reservations most every where and trying to avoid previously stayed at parks it gets tougher all the time. Still got a tone of pic to sort & label from last year. Oh well!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last year was an off year for us. Probably only had about 5 or 6 trips.
Had our 3 week trip to Florida in February.
Had our week long trip to the lake over 4th of July.
Had a week long trip to Tennessee in August.

I think we scattered a couple other shorter trips in, but cannot remember them now!

Having a 10 year old playing softball and an 8 year old playing baseball has slowed us down some. Also, I'm getting closer to retirement and thinking about saving leave to go towards retirement...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
In my area its hard to get a spot if you don't reserve a site 9-12 months in advance
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Well the good news is the only โ€œbookingโ€ needed to hop in the RV is booking a slot at the fuel station to fill er up!
But this coming from someone whoโ€™s never taken more than 1 โ€œtripโ€ and maybe a couple weekends a year. Maybe if Iโ€™m able to retire that might change.

If anyone has been using Covid as an excuse for the last 2 years, they are the ones who really should get out, of the house and out of their own heads. Far healthier than boogeyman fear.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I only did 3 trips last year. Went to a park in Georgia for the first trip just because in March, Chattanooga for the National Corn bread festival in April, and Myrtle Beach for the Shrimp Festival in September. Have 2 trips planned this year. Again going to the Corn Bread fest the end of April and then up to Montgomery Bell State Park the very next week. Still looking to add a few more yet.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Freeway Flyer 05 wrote:
Thought I would get smarter as I got older. Too much adulting and not enough playing. Only have 3 trips booked for 2023. I promise next year to do better.

I know how you feel, between covid, cost of fuel, time of year. the Newmar has been parked. total miles this year -- 85
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.