cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tampa-St Pete-Clear Water In Jan

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Will it be possible to find a camp ground in this are for a week in January? 38ft DP with a Smart car toad. Will mostly be sleeping there but need 50amp hook ups. Want to go visit Great Grand Baby. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
A friend who is currently down there says that whole west coast is flooded (pardon the pun) with folks forced north (both residents and snowbirds) because of the damage following Hurricane Ian at the end of September.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Palm River RV Resort Dead River Rd (just off US 301) north of Tampa
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a tow vehicle I would use the map listings campgrounds on the Allstays website and look a little farther out from your target area.

Possibly look around the Dade City/Zephyrhills/Spring Hill (to the north) your target area.

I would avoid I-4 and Lakeland area as that is always packed because of the I-4 corridor and proximity to Disney. Here's the link to the Allstays Florida campground map.
https://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/Florida-campground-map.htm
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seffner? Isn,t that somewhere near the North Pole? LOL I can work around the RV show but thanks for the info

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
It probably depends on when in January. The Tampa RV supershow is going on January 18 - 22, and the rv parks are booked up for then. You might check with Lazydays in Seffner to see if they have availability.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad