cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have just lost Goof, my 13 year old Aussum Shepherd.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently in Knoxville Tn, for a couple of months for cancer treatment, So I cant just drop everything and take him back to the home he loved for burial.
I am calling tomorrow about cremation, but is there anything else I should explore?
10 REPLIES 10

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Not only does cremation make having them "with you" possible; but I find it comforting. Sending prayers of healing for your body, and your heart. Aussies just wiggle their way into your heart...
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
The biggest problem with dogs is that they are not with us long enough. My eyes are leaking again just thinking about the dogs that I have lost. They all walk with me in my mind whenever I walk Tanner, our current dog.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

dturm
So sorry for your loss. You have gotten some good information and opinions. Make sure to take care of yourself, Goof would help you if he could.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Yes cremation is the answer. All my dogs have been. My vet has an apple orchard where he volunteers to spread the remains. I have opted for that every time. They would all have loved walking through the orchard. But at any rate, you can keep him with you till you decide if you wish to do something else with his ashes. My condolences on your loss and may God bless you in your journey to better health.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss. I had 3 of my Cocker Spaniels cremated and they continue to travel with me.
Prayers for remission.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that.. Make sure you ask for an "individual" cremation. Don't know if it's common practice but where we live unless you specify, you will get a group cremation and mixed remains. Again..sorry for your loss.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sorry for your loss especially at this time in your life.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Cremation is the answer. You can keep the ashes, spread them in a favorite place, or take them back home when you return.

We have had several cremated and then buried in a small โ€œcemeteryโ€ in our acre back yard with small engraved stone markers. Our Goldens would take a large home. But the ashes are easily managed.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry for your loss. I have 3 dogs with me in my RV (Cremated) and hope they will join me when I go.