cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Life Trip Wizard vs. Roadpass Pro

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
One of the benefits I enjoy from Good Sams is the trip planner. However, the competition is not standing still and seems to be quite a bit ahead of the game when it comes to route planners. I am researching both RV Life Trip Wizard and Roadpass Pro. A feature that is quite appealing on the Roadpass Pro option is access to Roadtrippers - which seems to be the benchmark for identifying unique points of interest. However, it also seems that it is not as RV centric as RV Life. I am utilizing the free trials right now and trying to make an assessment, but just a few days may not be enough to get the real feel for how useful they are. I'd be interested to hear about users for both of these options and how you like them. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Ive been using RV Trip Wizard for several years now and have been very happy with it. The routing capabilities are great, and the POI capabilities and campground information has been really useful. I've used it to plan several long trips, the latest being a month long trip from Florida up to Massachusetts. All of the routing worked great. I did verify the routing though, and made sure it made sense; but other than a couple of minor changes, Trip Wizard did a great job.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
I've been using RVLIFE Trip Wizard for over 5 years now. At first I was hesitant to try it because I was coming from MS Streets & Trips, which was an offline solution and was hesitant to switch over to an online solution. But, once I gave it a try and got somewhat familiar with its capabilities I has hooked. Having everything available in a single package is nice. I can find campgrounds, various stores, gas stations, points of interest, etc. without have to have multiple browser tabs open which is really convenient. If you get stuck trying to figure out how to do a certain action their help desk staff will help you quickly and efficiently - they have a youtube channel with several good videos showing how to do things as well.

Yes, MS Streets and Trips was great. I imagine though, if we were to go back and use it nowadays, we'd realize it lacks the power of the new offerings. I am beginning to see the benefits of RV Life. I've been replanning some upcoming, previously laid out trips and find RV Life much easier than GS Trip Planner, which I have been using the last few years. I think I may go this route, pun intended.

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using RVLIFE Trip Wizard for over 5 years now. At first I was hesitant to try it because I was coming from MS Streets & Trips, which was an offline solution and was hesitant to switch over to an online solution. But, once I gave it a try and got somewhat familiar with its capabilities I has hooked. Having everything available in a single package is nice. I can find campgrounds, various stores, gas stations, points of interest, etc. without have to have multiple browser tabs open which is really convenient. If you get stuck trying to figure out how to do a certain action their help desk staff will help you quickly and efficiently - they have a youtube channel with several good videos showing how to do things as well.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004