cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US travel to Canada

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Has Canada lifted the ban on visits for US citizens by auto? Is vaccination proof still required to enter?
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL
15 REPLIES 15

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
joebedford wrote:
routeforty wrote:
What is 'canajun" :h
A bastardization (can I say that here?) of Canadian.

Might be, after all โ€œCajunโ€ (as in the Louisiana area folks) is exactly that, a bastardization of โ€œ Canadienneโ€ (โ€œCanadianโ€ in French) to describe the people & language of the French expelled from the Maritimes after the French lost to the British.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
routeforty wrote:
A bastardization (can I say that here?) of Canadian.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're welcome Matt Colie
Hope you have fun on the awesome east coast.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
BoonDocker,

Thanks for the link.

We make it to the Maritimes and Cape Breton this year.

I'm not sure if we can come back. We were both contd-indicated for the vaccines so I hope the US will let us back in when we want to come home.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Going from Canada to USA, on November 24, 2022, I had to have proof of vaccination for the USA border folks.
We (both Canajun) crossed into USA on Nov 9, 2022. Did NOT have to have proof of vaccination. Mind you, we were in a truck lane by mistake.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
pianotuna wrote:
Going from Canada to USA, on November 24, 2022, I had to have proof of vaccination for the USA border folks.
We (both Canajun) crossed into USA on Nov 9, 2022. Did NOT have to have proof of vaccination. Mind you, we were in a truck lane by mistake.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
phil-t

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:

I can not yet speak about Usa to Canada.

You are a non-US Citizen? - https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/fact-sheet-guidance-travelers-enter-us-land-ports-entry-and-ferr...
2014 Allegro 36LA

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

I can not yet speak about Usa to Canada.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
routeforty wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Iโ€™m pretty sure thatโ€™s over. We crossed both ways a few weeks ago.
from what I'm reading in the link that Boon Docker sent you don't have to have proof of Vaccination or a negative test. Was that correct?

It was for us. But check that website for the latest info. Wife says it was about 5 weeks ago that we crossed back and forth.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
from what I'm reading in the link that Boon Docker sent you don't have to have proof of Vaccination or a negative test. Was that correct?

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're welcome!
Alberta gas is about the cheapest in Canada at the moment.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks boon docker. We had a trip to the Maritimes planned when the border was closed. DW said it's too cold to go now, but hopefully in the spring.(if gasoline is still halfway reasonable). Or maybe we'll head out in your direction, I think gas is a lot cheaper in Alberta than Nova Scotia.