cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford recall issues

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
And my F150 has outstanding recalls with no parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTiMUOTQO48
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
20 REPLIES 20

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
I wonder if some of these recalls are just OTA or over the air recalls though.

Very few manufacturers have OTA capability.

My 2021 F-150 regularly gets OTA updates. They recommend it be linked to home WiFi for quicker downloads. I have it set for 2AM 7 days a week to check for updates. If it is gone some morning I will know the girlie truck down the street slipped in an invite.

Or maybe its two girlie trucks who no longer will stay in the closet. ..er..garage.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

My 2021 F-150 regularly gets OTA updates. They recommend it be linked to home WiFi for quicker downloads. I have it set for 2AM 7 days a week to check for updates. If it is gone some morning I will know the girlie truck down the street slipped in an invite.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tvov wrote:
Me Again wrote:

What recalls do you have? I haven't heard anything about my 2021 F150 2.7

Tail gate opening on it's own, I have not experienced this yet and the wiper motor. Maybe another I forget! I did get the insulation one completed.

Grit dog wrote:
Thereโ€™s a windshield wiper recall?
Whatโ€™s it do? Fly off and spear someone next to you on a motorcycle at 80mph?

The splines are striped that hold the arm assembly on... so I hear from my 3 buddies that have them..

" Faulty wipers force Ford to recall 650,000 newer SUVs and trucks. Ford is recalling 652,996 newer trucks and full-size SUVs for front windshield wiper arms that can come loose, detach, or stop working, the NHTSA disclosed on Friday. A faulty or missing wiper arm could reduce visibility and increase the risk of a crash.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad I saw this thread, I just called my dealer and have an appointment this Friday for windshield wiper recall, the dealer said they have the part in stock and it takes about an hour to do the job, this is the only recall that come up on my 2020 F150.
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
I wonder if some of these recalls are just OTA or over the air recalls though. That is getting super common now. Iโ€™m thinking the terminology might have to change a bit. We had a recall done on our car about 2 months ago but it was done overnight while we were sleeping. We got an email about it saying it was done. We have had two recalls like this. My point is it may look worse than it is because of the word โ€œrecallโ€. Maybe some of the ford are like this as well.

Jmho.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
No more bragging rights for any brand.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Like Valhalla mentioned. Vehicles are orders of magnitude more complicated now than the past. Combine that with the increasing litigious nature of society, seems like the McDonalds coffee burnt lap case history is what opened all the ambulance chasers and Karenโ€™s eyes to a free lunchโ€ฆ., and you have a recipe for a record number of recalls so the mfgs can cover their @sses.
Combine both of these and they end up with more recalls.
And make for good coffee shop banter amongst those who donโ€™t have enough real world tasks and decisions to keep them busyโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Mostly about this. Checks the box for reducing or eliminating corporate liability.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nothing new, but at least for now you have to expect it.

The recall notice is to absolve them of all wrongdoing should you continue to operate the vehicle and something bad happens. "Hey we told you about it. It's not like you didn't know."

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

What recalls do you have? I haven't heard anything about my 2021 F150 2.7

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:

What I don't understand is why they change a part to save a penny when the old part had been performing the job for many years ! How many years have they been putting windshield wipers on cars ?

Someone probably got a promotion for getting a new "low cost" supplier !

It's fun to exaggerate but...

Ford sells something like 4 million vehicles per year (yeah it varies by year).

If they can get the wiper motor for $5 less, that's $20million saved.

If they change out 10 parts per year at $5 savings, that's $200million in the companies pocket. I don't know where you work but if I make my company an extra $200m, they will be very happy with me.

Plus there is no guarantee the supplier of the old part won't reduce quality control or materials and they won't have the same recall issues.

If you look at vehicle reliability compared to the 70-80's, it's night and day better even though cars are easily 10 times more complicated.

There are very good reasons, parts get redesigned even though the old ones worked.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
There is some thought that the Ford SUV used by the POTUS may have started a fire, and burning down 4 other vehicles that were also rented from HERTZ as part of his motorcade. The Ford SUV was listed as having a potential fire starting issue that had not been fixed through a recall yet. That of course is speculative at this point, but somewhat interesting never the less.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1