cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Side Marker Lights

EricKim
Explorer
Explorer
On the bottom of my RV I installed these LED side marker lights, I bought them from AUXITO. It's about as easy as it gets, drill the hole, insert the rubber grommet, push in the light and make your connections. The 3/4" provide a nice amount of cool white light and with both a power and ground wire you are free to mount them anywhere on any surface material. The power draw is so low it's not going to affect switching or supply load and they last! So far my lights are burning bright as ever after two Michigan winters. Make sure you read the instructions well, mine had WHITE grounding wires so double-check before you connect them, your instructions will tell you.
7 REPLIES 7

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Why would anyone install "cool white lights" when side marker lights are required to be amber by the NHTSA?

Read his post again. He says he installed them on the bottom of his RV, which means they are accent lighting (aka underbody lighting)

EricKim wrote:
On the bottom of my RV I installed these LED side marker lights,

However, calling a white light a "side marker light" isn't really an accurate term. White lights aren't side marker lights, per FMVSS 108
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
2112 wrote:
Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.

Great reference! (Took me a minute)
:B
Ralphie screams It's a crummy commercial
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
His profile says Boston. Then he mentions 2 Michigan winters in his post.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
2112 wrote:

Great reference! (Took me a minute)
:B

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Why would anyone install "cool white lights" when side marker lights are required to be amber by the NHTSA?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hmmmm, a new member posting an ‘infomercial’ including naming the site they purchased from on their very first day here.

Sure looks like another member of the SPAM ‘BOT brigade to me…….

Explorer II
Explorer II
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857