cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware *** Poor Build Quality 2021 Heartland North Trail

kderector
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for letting me join the forums!

Has anyone had serious build quality issues with their Heartland Travel Trailers?

I have had everything from water leaks to the AC going bad to improperly tightened hoses and sink drains, to the fresh water tank falling out of the bottom of the RV?

Just looking to see if anyone had or has the same issue.

Suggesting to avoid this manufacturer
13 REPLIES 13

I got our recent Fifth Wheel in May of 2019 just before the Covid…. Only a few minor issues..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Issue is with newer models. We purchased our Heartland Bighorn new in 2010 and have not had any issues with it other than a sagging back window blind and missing screw in a wall sconce. Both fixed under warranty. Now that our unit is 12 years old, we've replaced some things but they are maintenance issues. It still has the original AC, heater, water heater, roof, flooring, and on and on . . .
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
With any units built during and just after covid, I would be more surprised if they were good quality.
Quality was fair at best before they started making 3 times as many units per day and using substitute parts because they couldn't get what was originally specified for that part.
I'm hoping as trailer orders slow down the assembly lines can get back to producing better work.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
The only thing consistent in the RV Industry is the junk factor.
Well said! The exception might be molded fiberglass such as Escape, Casita, Bigfoot, etc. Unfortunately they are hard to come by and too small for some folks.

Even they come with some amount of Lippert garbage from what I have seen. Hard to avoid LCI. Basically impossible.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Pbutler97 wrote:
The only thing consistent in the RV Industry is the junk factor.
Well said! The exception might be molded fiberglass such as Escape, Casita, Bigfoot, etc. Unfortunately they are hard to come by and too small for some folks.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
I liked our Heartland trailer, but the FW tank always looked reeeeealy pregnant underneath.
So I sold it, lol.
I ran into the guy that bought it.
It had twins!. He now has 3 RVs. Looking for a larger property now so he will have room as they grow.:B
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
You can replace "Heartland North Trail" with just about any brand you wish and it still applies. I've seen water tanks fall-out of Rockwoods, Grand Designs, Keystones, even a Lance TT once. It's way more common than a lot of folks think. That Coloplast underliner's purpose is to hide the shoddy design and assembly. The only thing consistent in the RV Industry is the junk factor.

72goat
Explorer
Explorer
After dealing with Heartland customer service and quality of build, I don't plan on buying another RV with their name on it. Had a Road Warrior toy hauler with many issues. The dealership fixed a few of them but Heartland wouldn't approve most. Black water flush system was never connected from pipes to tank which flooded the floor in the living room, overflow water tank drain pipes were stuffed up in the underbelly causing water to soak everything the Onan 4000 generator burned up because of not being vented at all. Had an authorized Onan dealership fix and contact them , Heartland said it was my fault, no help with a $2,000 repair bill. Those are just a few of the issues we had to deal with. I agree BEWARE

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I liked our Heartland trailer, but the FW tank always looked reeeeealy pregnant underneath.
So I sold it, lol.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

All I can say is we have a 2014 Heartland Cyclone and have had similar problems and more with ours. I would ever buy another Heartland anything.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
kderector wrote:
Thank you for letting me join the forums!

Has anyone had serious build quality issues with their Heartland Travel Trailers?

I have had everything from water leaks to the AC going bad to improperly tightened hoses and sink drains, to the fresh water tank falling out of the bottom of the RV?

Just looking to see if anyone had or has the same issue.

Suggesting to avoid this manufacturer

Sorry to hear about your troubles, with you owning a 21 model I hope your were able to get some coverage under a warranty?. yeah the fresh water tank sounds scary.

The quality of RV's has always been questionable, even worse with covid

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

^^^ YUP ! ^^^^

those issues stated by the OP can and do happen on any price point RV....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
thats the norm for all rv,s there,s no quality in any of them.I, not just ranting it,s a fact.