cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good weekend site with full hookup

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since I'm being particular, I'm looking for a good weekend site with full hookups between Souix Falls, SD and Omaha, NE. Not fond of private parks that are like a parking lot, but much prefer either state parks or corp of engineers parks. County or municipal parks can also be very nice. Much rather see trees & nature versus another campers awning or sewer line.
thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lewis and Clark SP on the Missouri River !-29 exit 122 Hiway 175 on the west side of the river. There is also a great park at Onaway called 'On Your Way' We stay there going to and coming from our favorite place in SD
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm glad to see someone appreciates my situation.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
garmp,

Ah those who are Bailey aficionados understand about Hilda!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
She who must be obeyed amended my request to water & electric sites rather than full hook up. If that matters.
Thanks for all the good info and the search goes on. We're not looking for this plan until late April or early May so we have plenty of time. RV is winterized and put up for the winter & we're just whiling away time awaiting spring and planning future triips.
Thanks again.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
garmp wrote:
Since I'm being particular, I'm looking for a good weekend site with full hookups between Souix Falls, SD and Omaha, NE. Not fond of private parks that are like a parking lot, but much prefer either state parks or corp of engineers parks. County or municipal parks can also be very nice. Much rather see trees & nature versus another campers awning or sewer line.
thanks

This might work:

https://freecampsites.net/#!8936&query=sitedetails

Or choose from this list?

https://freecampsites.net/#!Sioux+Falls,+South+Dakota~Omaha,+Nebraska&query=routeSearch&routeDistanc...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
While not between Sioux Falls, SD and Omaha, NE. The new Lake Manawa State Park CG, at Council Bluffs Ia. Has full hookups and is an easy on-off of I-29. Very clean and quiet.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it for winter? CGs might be closed for winter. Have you tried looking at state parks on the map feature at Allstays? Thatโ€™s where Iโ€™d start looking.
Nebraska - state parks are marked with SP.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus