cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

traction tracks

LePlaneur
Explorer
Explorer
I have been thinking of getting a set of traction tracks made of hard plastic. my question is do they works at unstucking a rv and do they last.
(sand , not snow)
Do tractions tracks made of plastic work for a rv {c}
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Add plastic orange safety/snow fence to the list of good traction mats.
Stuff works great and best part is you can carry as much as you want or might need because it weighs almost nothing and takes up very little space.
Have laid down 50' runs of it (a roll cut in half) and no need to leapfrog devices. Very handy.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Who here knows what a NDMF is?
I do!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a little thought a lot of things can get a vehicle unstuck.
Once I was visiting Dad at RV park in Arizona desert. I was fixing supper when a NDMF dropped front wheel of MH off pavement, into ditch. When we got thru eating, walked down to see what wasn't going on. Was told wrecker was couple hours away. Asked if leveling jacks would lift that wheel, then stacked the ditch full of firewood. Owner backed up onto pavement, across intersection, dropped rear in ditch. I decided the safest place for that MH was in ditch.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
For driving in sand with my car or truck I carried either cardboard or old carpet. Both worked fine.
I've gotten out of a muddy area with my prior motorhome by laying down firewood under/in front of the rear wheels. I won't even consider going off pavement with our DP .
Anything that will prevent your wheels from sinking will help, whether it be traction mats,carpet,etc,
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I ranger on 18 miles of beach and sand trails in the summer and we have visitors get stuck every day. We have winches on our trucks but keeping them working reliably when they are exposed to salt air 16 hours a day is problematic. We started carrying plastic traction boards and extra shovels and teach our visitors how to get themselves free. The boards work great.

To keep them from breaking under the weight you might want to check out the kind that roll up. They are sections of plastic blocks connected by nylon straps. Easy to store and donโ€™t take up a lot of space.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I was shopping one of the things that convinced me was one person who used them when they first got them to help the UPS truck that delivered then get unstuck from the mud that the driver had managed to put himself in and they worked and were undamaged, a UPS truck is similar to an RV in weight.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
After getting stuck in sugar sand in Florida in my tow car I used palm fronds under the tires to get unstuck. When I got home, I bought a set of plastic traction tracks and kept them in the tow car for many years but never had to use them. I think they would work for my tow car but doubt they would work for my Class A.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Will they work? Sometimes.
Do they last? Maybe.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a video of a guy using them or at least similar at a boondocking spot in soft dirt, worked good on his Volvo tractor pulling a Spacecraft 5th wheel

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/145810-harvest-host-out-west-big-truck/
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
In looking at some examples of them online I don't see why they wouldn't help. They're cheap and light.
A 45 Liberty Coach is one thing, a 24 Class C is another thing.
Puma 30RKSS