cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Aerolite Dutchman 284bhsl suspension question

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Bought it used two years ago. Got to looking under it today and the tires have been rubbing the underside through the coating and into the plywood. Three have gone pretty deep. Not sure when this happened etc.

Do I need to put on heavier springs? Or some kind of equalizer like the road armor shock absorber equalizer kit?

Have not had any heavy loads.

Three of the four has rubbed very hard. Might have been with previous owner.. tire wear has been normal.

Thoughts?
2017 Ford 350 SRW
Grand Design Solitude 375RES
may switch to a Ram
8 REPLIES 8

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"...tires have been rubbing the underside through the coating and into the plywood..."

I suggest reinforcing the underside.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks... found the converter behind the fuse panel.. four screws to remove...and ordered another one. Will look to compare tires size...

Thanks again
Grant
2017 Ford 350 SRW
may switch to a Ram

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suspect the previous owner put on larger tires. I would crawl under there and take a good look at the springs and also the note the tire size and compare with what is on the placard on the left front corner of the unit.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
likely no inverter, the converter (battery charger) is usually combined with the breaker panel. Common one is a WFCO. if the breaker panel has 120V breakers along with auto type fuses in the panel, it's a common combined breaker panel and built in converter. Converter is part of the assembly.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the inverter/converter? can't see where it could be near the breaker panel.. unless I have to remove it completely to even see it... usually on trailers there will be a panel to unscrew.. don't see anything like this at all
2017 Ford 350 SRW
may switch to a Ram

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure.. will check tire size. Bought at a dealer. They had put on tires.
2017 Ford 350 SRW
may switch to a Ram

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
are the tires the Original equipment size as shown on the side of the trailer? Or did the PO put on a larger tire?
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Smaller tire or new springs is the answer. One or the other caused the issue.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold