cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pressure regulator

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you use/recommend a water pressure regulator when connected to city water? If so with or with out a gauge?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
9 REPLIES 9

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have always used a water pressure regulator. I also carry 2 types. The preset straight through Valterra.$10 or so on Amazon, and the Twinkle Star adjustable pressure gauge also avaivable on Amazon for $25.00. We have stayed in RV parks who's water pressure was so high that they wouldn't let you hook up to their water unless you had a pressure regulator.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Our camp was quite hilly so sites up on top tap pressure was about 40 psi. Sites down in the valley could have 75 psi. Pressure increases by 1psi for each 29 inch of elevation. We carry a pressure gauge I screw on to check camp pressure to see if we need to use our adjustable regulator.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I would say yes! We had a non gauge fix one that I quit using as it seemed to restrict flow too much in low pressure parks. Then got to a now park, hooked up without it and toilet would not flush!! Needed to turn on faucet in bathroom to flush. Put the old regulator on and toilet worked fine. Seems this parks pressure was near 100 psi.
Now have an adjustable unit with gauge.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Explorer II
Explorer II
As mentioned, the cheap tubes restrict flow and only get worse with time.

I've been using This One for about 6 months and it's much better. I adjusted it to 40psi
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Several parks we have stayed at tell you right away- you better have a pressure regulator.
As been said, the non gauge models (cheap ones) tend to restrict flow, that's why I went with an adjustable one with the gauge. Flows much better. I have had the same one for 2 years and it hasn't been stolen yet.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't use a water pressure regulator you'll find out soon enough why you'll need one. I have a regulator with a gauge and one without. The gauge without tends to restrict the pressure a bit too much whereas the one with the gauge allows you to adjust the pressure to your liking but I'm leery of using it too often because it costs $50+ and could easily be stolen.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
First time ever, we spent several days at a FHU RV site in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago. We still used our tank, so no use for a pressure regulator.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I used a pressure gauge that showed the maximum pressure it was exposed to.
bumpy

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a water pressure regulator when connected to city water with a gauge & an adjustable pressure regulator.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo