cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane feed question

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, & would appreciate any help here. I have a 4 outlet propane manifold under my RV. It has a supply line coming directly from regulator valve off of Propane tank which then threads into the top of manifold & then 4 lines coming out to provide propane to appliances. At the bottom of the manifold there was a plug so I removed it to install my line to feed my outside grill. (I removed the valve from my small drill as well) I have no propane coming out my hose so can only assume the bottom threaded hole I used for supply line doesn't actually serve as another outlet feed line.? Thx anyone who has more knowledge on these manifolds than I do. I have a pic of it but don't know how to download here.
11 REPLIES 11

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ronnyjoe50,

Glad to hear you found the issue and thanks for posting the problem & solution.

I have a question, though. You said that there was supposed to be a Barbecue connection on your motorhome but you couldn't find it. And in your first post you said about the manifold "...which then threads into the top of manifold & then 4 lines coming out to provide propane to appliances."

So my question is, what propane appliances are in/on your motorhome? For the manifold connections I'm thinking 1 for the refrigerator, 1 for the furnace and 1 for the range/oven. What is the fourth appliance? ๐Ÿ™‚ So...what am I missing? :h

ON EDIT: DOH!!!! :S The water heater. I need to get another cup of coffee! LOL

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
Thx everyone for your time. Ended up being an issue with my quick disconnect. I started backtracking & had propane up until last connection so for anyone wanting to tap into the bottom port of the manifold on their RV it's working fine for me. 2022 Thor 25V ( which are supposed to come standard with outside grill connection, but mine didn't have it? Even Thor customer service was scratching his head..? All's well that ends well..

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious. What year/make/model of motorhome? Sometimes that info helps folks make better suggestions.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn...because there was a much simpler way of accomplishing my goal. ( just happened it was my quick connect valve was bad), so problem solved with only 6' of hose & a few fittings. Nice & clean without tampering with any other existing fittings..

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why don't you go back and re-read your post on the 18th, folks told, and showed you exactly how to do it. If you install it as shown in the photo posted by CA Traveler, you'll have to reinstall the regulator on your grill.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
thx opnspaces...that was my plan , just thought someone might know real quick..

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I would verify if the manifold plug is even a viable option as it's possible that plug doesn't go all the way into the manifold. It could also be that something in the manifold is blocking the propane from flowing.

Can you remove your added supply line and briefly turn on the tank and see if Propane flows out of the previously plugged hole? If no propane then see if you can find a way to view what's inside the hole in the manifold. Depending on the location you might use a small mirror and flashlight to see inside. Once you can verify that you have propane flowing out of the manifold hole you can hook up the line and troubleshoot further downstream.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are u trying to add a bbq off the on-board LP tank ? Easy to use ext a stay valve.

https://youtu.be/Kbp4LiOjXbI

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
It's possible that that "outlet" is actually a one way inlet used to attach a larger external extended stay tank with it's own regulator. Vapors will flow into the manifold from that port but vapors will not exit through that port. Just a possibility to check out.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
Thx, there's a regulator directly off of propane tank & from regulator the line goes to the manifold mentioned which then diverts hoses to appliances (as mentioned) The bottom of the manifold valve had a plug so I just removed the plug & installed my line to my portable grill ( using quick connect fitting at the grill end) & I removed the little regulator from my grill as pressure is already reduced through existing regulator off of RV tank.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Installation doesn't sound right!
There should be a regulator attached to the main valve on propane tank. It drops propane to around 11-inch column of pressure. That would be somewhere around 1/2 pound. This would provide propane to normal RV appliances.
Many grills have a regulator build on to them. This would require full tank pressure or the grill regulator to be removed.
My guess is the "manifold" is a connection point for all the RV appliances such as water heater, refer, furnace and stove.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker