cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stowe Vermont this weekend things to do

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
So we are visiting relatives in Stowe, Vermont this weekend 10/21 to 10/22.

Ideas for things to see and do? I believe we are past "peak" leaf peeping season.

Stores, craft shows, standard touristy things.

Out relatives probably already have plans for us, but it would be nice to show up with a couple ideas.

Thanks in advance!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tvov wrote:
We had a good time. Sat and visited with relatives, and went out and explored.

Turns out... unless you are skiing, hiking, drinking, or eating... there is not a whole lot to do in Stowe! lol, yea yea, I know... there are some things to do. The center of Stowe is pretty cool, with some shops that are worth visiting. Not big, but cool.

And also, remember that everything in Vermont is about 30 minutes away. Nice drives, but everything is spaced out.

Sounds like my kind of place. I'm glad you had a good time.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stowe also has a great bike path around the village.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
We had a good time. Sat and visited with relatives, and went out and explored.

Turns out... unless you are skiing, hiking, drinking, or eating... there is not a whole lot to do in Stowe! lol, yea yea, I know... there are some things to do. The center of Stowe is pretty cool, with some shops that are worth visiting. Not big, but cool.

And also, remember that everything in Vermont is about 30 minutes away. Nice drives, but everything is spaced out.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We choose to sit and have real conversations without distractions.

Ours are just as real. They just come in pieces sometimes. But the gaps also give us time to think about what we say. Guess it's because most of us have lived at a faster pace than we probably should. As long as the right stuff gets said it doesn't matter how.

But I digress. I'm sure your family has their favorites, but if you decide to eat out we really liked The Bench.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:

If a guest shows up at my place with a list of things to do that tells me they're just using my hospitality for convenience instead of visiting me.

Not in my family. Having fun is part of the reason we visit each other. We don't have to sit staring each other in the face to have meaningful conversation. Our doors are always open to family and friends, even if it is just to borrow a bed for a night or two. It's called being a family.

Every family has its own culture, rules and sensibilities. We choose to sit and have real conversations without distractions.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
https://gostowe.com/events/
https://www.stowerec.org/parks-facilities/rec-paths/stowe-recreation-path/
https://www.stowe.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/gondola-skyride.aspx

The above links may help. Yes, you are past foliage season but there still may be a tree or two of late changers. It's a beautiful area no matter what you do.

If a guest shows up at my place with a list of things to do that tells me they're just using my hospitality for convenience instead of visiting me.

Not in my family. Having fun is part of the reason we visit each other. We don't have to sit staring each other in the face to have meaningful conversation. Our doors are always open to family and friends, even if it is just to borrow a bed for a night or two. It's called being a family.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Nearby Burlington will have a lot of what your looking for

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the Arbortrek zip line through Smugglers Notch.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm more of a "go with the flow" kind of visitor. If my hosts want to just sit and chat I'll sit and chat. If they have plans I go along with that. The hosts are the ones I want to visit first and foremost. If a guest shows up at my place with a list of things to do that tells me they're just using my hospitality for convenience instead of visiting me.

Magnus