cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comical EV article

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
It should be seen as a known issue, but this guy wants to drive a Nissan Leaf in Wyoming, and discovers it only takes 15 hours to go 178 miles.
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/10/18/electric-nightmare-ev-owner-details-15-hour-nightmare-trek...
73 REPLIES 73

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pbutler97 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
You have an EV semi truck thread 700 pages long which has morphed into constant construction updates of a Tesla factory.
Probably 70 pages max if the dark comments were removed.
Can you say the word censorship? Shuuuuure, I knew you could LOL.
Dark comments? Ooooooooooooh that's scary LOL.
Censorship? This is a private venue not a Federal Government website. Do you know the difference?
Should I say pessimistic glass half full comments? Not to mention completely off topic.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
I sincerely hope lots of people buy EVs - that leaves more gas & diesel fuel for the rest of us.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2oldman wrote:
Groover wrote:
It is ridiculous to by a short range vehicle in Wyoming unless you are committed to staying near home.
I do not, nor do I ever plan long trips in my Nissan Leaf.

Bingo! A tool for every job, generally makes more sense than square peg round hole scenarios.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
It is ridiculous to by a short range vehicle in Wyoming unless you are committed to staying near home.
I do not, nor do I ever plan long trips in my Nissan Leaf.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
They buy the EV to do what it can do and use their other vehicle for the rest.
That's what I did. I'm kinda smart that way. 🙂

It is ridiculous to by a short range vehicle in Wyoming unless you are committed to staying near home. Also, if you are traveling Tesla still has the best charging network.

My Tesla would easily make the trip on one charge. And if it could not, there are three Superchargers along the route that would charge the car up in 15 to 20 minutes.

Even with the number of Superchargers there I would still be reluctant to travel to portions of Wyoming. The existing chargers are along the Interstate highways to help people get through the Wyoming, not to explore it.

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
You have an EV semi truck thread 700 pages long which has morphed into constant construction updates of a Tesla factory.

Can you say the word censorship? Shuuuuure, I knew you could LOL.
Dark comments? Ooooooooooooh that's scary LOL.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pbutler97 wrote:

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I don't know why the Tesla truck one is still going. This would be a nicer place if all these threads were nipped from the start, especially since most have eff all to do with tow vehicles.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
This thread belongs in ATC
It belongs in 'Truth' Social.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:
^^^^Predictable as heck. This subject, EVs/Climate Change has been politicized and should be treated as such. The "Antis" keep starting threads and it's disappointing that this is tolerated.:h

Not that it matters but the "anti-anti's" also start their fair share of BS from what I have seen. You have an EV semi truck thread 700 pages long which has morphed into constant construction updates of a Tesla factory. I'm beginning to think Van8.Youtube is the public relations manager for the General contractor lol.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
time2roll wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
You fan boi's are too funny. :B You guys need to go back to ATC and hang out on the pandemic thread. LOL
This thread belongs in ATC

I agree, most (not all) of these EV threads, should be posted in ATC. If this one was in ATC, it would not be 7 pages.

Seems odd to me, that a forum section, that is about campfire BS, is over moderated, to keep members from offering their opinions, concerning controversial subjects.

My opinion...the EVs have some value, and will evolve. In my local news this morning...an EV fire was pictured (a small car), hard to see, due to a white foam substance completely covering, what was left of the vehicle. Many fire trucks, fire guys, all on scene, with some road ditch burn involved. No explanation as to cause at this time?

Jerry

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Actually dum I did not start this EV thread and you cannot stand the truth about the negative downside of EVs. I feel sorry for your poor souls and will pray for your salvation from the woke culture. May you be released soon. Cheers to the brave ones like me.

Soretoes as usual you assume too much but then again you are Mr. Sn

No, you did not start this one. You have just repeatedly started similar over and over and over.

You are NOT brave. You are an idiot - plain and simple

And no, I am NOT "Mr" anything.
Cognitive decline sneaks up on us. Apparently he's not an RVer either, just here to troll.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^Predictable as heck. This subject, EVs/Climate Change has been politicized and should be treated as such. The "Antis" keep starting threads and it's disappointing that this is tolerated.:h

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Well this certainly descended into a total clusterf###.....as expected. At least ya'll are consistent lol.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
propchef wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
propchef wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:

EVs that have been flooded with saltwater in Florida are exploding in many recent incidents according to FD.

I keep seeing this. Is it still just the one car? And I'm not sure that smoldering is the same thing as "exploding."

It's just hyperbole.

Read me for Hyperbole news from the Fire Marshal.

Florida State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis wrote:
Florida State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis on Twitter wrote, “There’s a ton of EVs disabled from lan. As those batteries corrode, fires start. That’s a new challenge that our firefighters haven’t faced before. At least on this kind of scale”.

The state fire marshal of Florida said "a ton." Do you think one car is a ton?
So do you think the State Fire Marshal is hyperboling about EV cars? :S :S

This proves my point of hyperbole. I thank you good sir.

No definitive number.
No mention of even one EV "exploding"

"a ton of EVs disabled." Disabled. Imagine that. Completely flooded and now they're disabled.

Must be some foreign evs

Bc Tesla has submarine mode :B

https://youtu.be/SUNw8-rHHV4