cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VPN's again

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the preferred VPN for on the move, campgrounds, McDonald's, etc open wifi. If it matters, using primarily android & mac.
I know nothing about this and am just beginning to find out what I should have. AND how much.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

Mullvad VPN is one I use as needed. You can sign-up for as little as a month, and doesn't require any type of personal info to setup. Not even an email address. You can pay by multiple means which then gives you a downloadable receipt with a code. Apply the code in your installed VPN apps activates the service. You can use the same code on multiple devices.

Mullvad servers are available around the world, 15 in the U.S. alone, and I found it to be among the fastest VPNs. I use this service primarily if connected to public/unencrypted/unknown WiFi while traveling.

I've also found it useful when using my wireless internet service, as it typically indicates my IP in a different state. Using Mullvad from a local location solves the issue of not having access to online film festival screenings in my area. Even-though I'm technically accessing the screenings locally, my out of state internet IP address will otherwise block access as being not licensed in that area.

liamricci
Explorer
Explorer
OpenVPN is my favorite so far and i tried many different options. For people who still can't decide on the protection and other software - this website has all of the answers. Professional IT enthusiast started a useful blog as he has a lifetime experience in software development. There are tons of great reviews , written in an easy way , that everyone can understand it.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I use Nord and am happy with it.
Nord Special
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Proton VPN, very good policy backed by law and I've been able to use it to stream content from around the world. Pricing is very reasonable ($10/month on a month to month basis, down to $5/month with a 2 year payment).
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use ExpressVPN while out of the country or not on our secure hotspot in the US.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015