cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new line for propane grill

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Wanting to add a quick connect propane line to my RV for my propane grill & wanting to know if I tap into existing line before or after the pressure valve on RV? Small Weber grill has a low pressure mounted on it which I can remove if necessary. Included pic of my RV valve. thanks for any help..PXL_20221016_203039844.MP.jpg
9 REPLIES 9

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
CA Traveler wrote:
That's exactly what I did.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also have a low pressure splitter.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propane-Splitter-Connector-Cylinder/dp/B078VTH8B7/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3AA...
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III

Bob

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
@ nickthehunter...thx, that's what I was hoping to do....just wasn't sure it the larger valve on RV was considered low pressure.....thx everyone, appreciate the info.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III

Bob

Ronnyjoe50
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for reply. I wasn't sure if the RV valve ( which is much larger than the one on the grill) was a low pressure valve.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most users use a low pressure tap and hence revome the device regulator, perhaps because that's what mfgs normally install.

I used a high pressure tap (which also has a tap for a external tank) and I can connect to multiple devices w/o concern for propane supply issues. I sometimes use a BBQ and camp fire propane devices. Some devices are high pressure and some are low.

Bob

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Remove the regulator on the grill and tap into the low pressure line anywhere on the RV; or leave the regulator on the grill and tap into the propane line before the regulator. Your choice. There is a finite distance you can go with this line before you won't have enough gas pressure to satisfactorily operate the grill. So shorter is better.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
If you put the T between the main on/off valve and the first regulator, you're on the high pressure side of the system, and any appliance you wish to use will usually require it's own pressure regulator. Many portable grills, like Weber Qs, come with them. If you put the T after the first regulator, you're on the lower pressure side of the system, and appliances with their own regulators may not function well, if at all.
I just added a T between the main valve and first regulator on my 2018 Navion, and can now add a "Stay Longer" external tank, if necessary, as well as use my portable grill with it's built in regulator.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)