cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How's the trip down?

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
After not being able to go down to Florida for the last two years ( thanks Trudy)just wondering how's the trip down from Detroit to Florida along the I-75, road construction and such,,,,

Thanks in advace!!!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
5 REPLIES 5

ion_petroianu
Explorer
Explorer
Did the Americans dropped their Covid vaccination requirements for crossing the border? We plan on going South but I don't like the idea of being turned down from crossing.

Thank you,
Ion

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just got back from Ft. Meyers (with a damaged aircraft in tow) on Saturday. No real issues other than ATL which is pretty much normal anyways.

I did notice there seemed to be less S/B RV traffic than I would have expected to see, but maybe lots of folks are holding off because of the storm damage.

I took my truck down this time because it was an express run and I had accommodations prearranged but the locals in Ft. Meyers commented that lots of snowbirds had been told their reservations were being canceled because the sites were needed by displaced folks and contractors trying to put the place back together again.

Brassica
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
I-75 and the bypass in Atlanta is major long term construction going on now.

I loaded https://511ga.org/ and the Department of Transportation did not show much construction. The mention an I-285 Eastbound project and nothing about I-75. We planned to drive I-75 though Atlanta on a weekend morning. Could you please tell me more?

Last year, we drove north from Adairsville, GA to Cincinnati, Ohio on I-75 and it was ok.

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
I-75 and the bypass in Atlanta is major long term construction going on now.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
depending on where you are going you might want to check campgrounds, lots of damage on west coast and some in middle Florida