cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered new Goodyear Endurance & New GC battery install

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I ordered new 3 Goodyear Endurance (205/75-14) from WalMart for $115 delivered, with free returns to the store. I could not find a way to determine the manufacture date before ordering so if they are old stock, I will return them to Wallyworld.

My question is, How old is too old to put them into service?

I am replacing my original TT tires because they are 6 years old and am getting ready for another 6000 mile trip in the spring. We use our TT during the fall and winter, that is why I am replacing them now. We use a TPMS on the truck and trailer for peace of mind. It has saved us once already.

I am also installing golf cart batteries this afternoon to ensure enough power to run my furnace on cold days/evenings. My original battery is 5 years old and runs down very low by morning. We actually got pretty good life out of the original marine starting battery that was in the TT when we bought it. When we purchased the TT, one of the first things I did was replace the WFCO converter with a PD unit because the original didn't come out of 13.6 mode.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired
18 REPLIES 18

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
BarabooBob wrote:
We just got back from our 9 day stay at our property. The weather was great most days but the nights got a little chilly. We had lows of about 15 to 20 degrees so the furnace got a work-out.
The new golf cart batteries held up really well and every morning they only lost about .2 volts according to my cheapy voltage meter. My old marine starting/utility battery would be very low every morning.
I should have done the change when we bought the TT but we got by, just had to run the generator more.

C'mon now....this is like when someone calls and tells you they had a baby....What brand of batteries did you get? What is the amp/hour rating?
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
You’s guys have a place up nort?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just got back from our 9 day stay at our property. The weather was great most days but the nights got a little chilly. We had lows of about 15 to 20 degrees so the furnace got a work-out.
The new golf cart batteries held up really well and every morning they only lost about .2 volts according to my cheapy voltage meter. My old marine starting/utility battery would be very low every morning.
I should have done the change when we bought the TT but we got by, just had to run the generator more.
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had WalMart mount my tires today and put them on the TT. I had them put metal valve stems on while they were mounting them. I also put fresh batteries in my TPMS on all 6 wheels to avoid problems.
Later this week we will be leaving for a 9 day trip so we will see if the tires feel any different. I had no complaints about how the original tires rode.
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
FedEx just delivered my new tires. All three are dated 3622, so, my new tires are less than 2 months old. I am having WalMart mount them on Monday morning. As someone else said, I only bought 3 tires because my single axle trailer only has 3 wheels, including the spare.

We have a 17 ft TT because that is about the biggest trailer that we can get into our camping spot on our land. The creek that we cross and corners going down the logging road do not allow for a longer trailer. I had to cut down a bunch of trees to make a spot big enough to turn around with the 17 footer. No way am I backing out 1/2 a mile to get out.

When I bought the TT 4 years ago, the first thing I did was install a Progressive converter. My experience with WFCO was not good so my brand new WFCO went in the trash. I have never had a problem with the three Progressive converters that I have installed on previous RV's. My install of the golf cart batteries is also completed.

We will be using the TT for a couple of weeks off grid this fall at my property in the southwestern Wisconsin. I will be topping off the batteries with my generator.
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I bought mine from Amazon they were about 2 months old and were shipped directly from Goodyear itself in Goodyear, AZ.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tire Rack delivered to my local America's tire has been my go to for the last 30 plus tires for my fleet. Tire rack now offers pick up in my area, saved another 60 bucks on shipping minus of course 2 gallons of fuel for the trip.
I have denied each offer to warranty the tires. I have over 300 in my warranty bank account, only withdrew once to replace one tire on my Jeep. Remember folks, 72% of extended warranties are n e v e r used. ( Consumer reports)

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would not worry about the sidewall manufacture date unless it is more than two years in the past.

Please post what you get. All the reports seem to be aged less than a year.

As long as new batteries are going in... this is a good time to review your charging system. Plan on changing the converter if it is a WFCO. Or need to add solar.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Of course, the price posted was each tire.
While you might have saved a little going through Amazon, the peace of mind of a local, non shipping return on large, heavy items is priceless.
I bought my replacements in April this year from WalWart.com but bumped them up to 215 vice 205. Make sure you install metal valve stems if you are planing on increasing the air pressure in them to max. Or adding on an external TPMS.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm a pretty big fan of the Deka batteries thru Batteries Plus sold as Duracell. Deka's are made by Easter Penn Manufacturing, the largest manufacturer of flooded batteries in the US...likely the world. Ive had a set of four of these since 2018 and they continue to perform great, seemingly as good as the day I put them in....They may not be as good as the day I put them in, but I can't see any difference using all my stuff.
https://www.batteriesplus.com/product-details/golf-~-scrubber/battery/duracell-ultra/sligc125
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Single axle and a spare, 3 new tires does the trick. Going with GC2 batteries will certainly increase furnace run time, we do lots off RVing off the grid and made the switch from original dealer provided battery early on.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
bgum wrote:
Curious does MFL answer all questions directed to BarabooBob?

LOL...are you also wondering why the OP only bought 3 tires for a single axle trailer???

If you could not tell...previous answer was a jk.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Curious does MFL answer all questions directed to BarabooBob?