cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going from West of Boston to Andrews Air Force Base

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
Best Route that will NOT take me over the GW bridge and hopefully not through Baltimore on 95. Every route I look at takes me over GW bridge. Can I not take TappenZee Br and then down to 95. I live near 95 can get on at Walpole or can go up 95N to 90E to 84South and then CT 15 Charter Oak etc so what do you all think. WE need to leave by 8 tomorrow morning and would like to get there without huge traffic jams and before dark but that may be too much to ask?
Leaving tomorrow, September 30 2022 WE are traveling by CAR not RV this time, leaving RV at home.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
5 REPLIES 5

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
RVER I am not as familiar with the northern part of your route but most of my adult life was spent in the Baltimore/ Washington area. You won't go wrong going the 301 route but miss it all going out to Harrisburg.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I generally will take I84 to I684 to I287 (tappenz/mario cuomo bridge)

Off I287 I will pick up connecting interstates going west.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer tha last route you suggested did not avoid GW bridge in NY which is HORRIBLE given it takes me down 95 without avoiding the George Washington Bridge. Should be able to Go 95 and then jump up and around the GW bridge but not sure. My best atlas is not with me, it is in my RV so have a really old map and having trouble finding a way around but maybe not so maybe have to go 84 to 81 but seems to really going out of my way to get to Andrews. IF someone has a work around before 8 this morning, PLEASE let me know, otherwise wish me luck!!
Thanks all for your suggestions, knew my RV friends would come through. Taking the car not the RV but still horrible at the GW bridge.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
81 t0 83 at Harrisburg--83 S to 695 west to 295 (BW Parkway to 95 S to Andrews. Better yet, 95 to Del memorial bridge and hit 301 S to rt 50 west to 95-495 S to Andrews. That going to 70 is probably 60-70 mi out of the way.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
All interstate

Andrew's is just off 495