cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We got a new RV

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
We got a new RV. A 2023 Wolf Pup Cherokee 22RR.
We will be using it next weekend.

One question - I was told ours has the connection for winterizing with plumbing antifreeze. Where would it be? I live where -40 is common so blowing it out is not recommended, unless you want to replace your water lines each season.
10 REPLIES 10

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
swimmer_spe wrote:

One question - I was told ours has the connection for winterizing with plumbing antifreeze. Where would it be? I live where -40 is common so blowing it out is not recommended, unless you want to replace your water lines each season.

Its a 2023 ? purchased from a dealer ? did they do a PDI ? So they told you it had one, but you didn't ask where ?

These dealers are getting real shotty with their time after the sale.

They covered everything else. It may have just been a slip up.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Congrats on the new Toy Hauler! Probably near your water pump will be a hose, mine is clear with a cap that is designed to suck straight from the gallon of antifreeze. There is probably a valve near the hot water tank that you will flip so the antifreeze doesn't try to fill that tank, then you just drain the tank of water before you pump through the lines.

Found it.\

Thank you.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Congratulations! Please report on how your first outing goes.

Will do.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
sparkydave wrote:
Congrats! We just picked up our new Wolf Pup 14CC last weekend, and we're taking on its maiden voyage tonight. Having explored mine already, I looked in the compartment where the water pump, water heater, and assorted plumbing connections are, and there was a length of hose with a valve hanging off the inlet side of the pump. I believe you flip the valve, remove the cap at the end of the hose, and put the hose in the antifreeze bottle to have the pump pull the pink stuff through.

Ah, found it.
Thank you.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
congrats

sparkydave
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! We just picked up our new Wolf Pup 14CC last weekend, and we're taking on its maiden voyage tonight. Having explored mine already, I looked in the compartment where the water pump, water heater, and assorted plumbing connections are, and there was a length of hose with a valve hanging off the inlet side of the pump. I believe you flip the valve, remove the cap at the end of the hose, and put the hose in the antifreeze bottle to have the pump pull the pink stuff through.

swimmer_spe wrote:

Its a 2023 ? purchased from a dealer ? did they do a PDI ? So they told you it had one, but you didn't ask where ?

These dealers are getting real shotty with their time after the sale.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Y-Guy
Congrats on the new Toy Hauler! Probably near your water pump will be a hose, mine is clear with a cap that is designed to suck straight from the gallon of antifreeze. There is probably a valve near the hot water tank that you will flip so the antifreeze doesn't try to fill that tank, then you just drain the tank of water before you pump through the lines.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! Please report on how your first outing goes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
swimmer,

Usually on the supply side of the water pump.

For winterizing in Saskatchewan:

1. drain all tanks including hot water and switch on the bypass

2. blow the lines with an air compressor (the toilet rinse too)

3. install pink antifreeze (safe to drink but tastes really bad)

4. blow the lines again and save the anti freeze

5. treat the drains with pink antifreeze.

If you are not sure--then get the local RV dealer to do it for you--money well spent!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.