cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic CCII Control Board for Penquin II

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, new here to the forum. One of my roof AC units quit. It doesn't do anything. I measured voltage on the board (115VAC) but nothing coming out of the board. The board has P/N 3312227.000 on it.

Anyone have a schematic of the board or know how to troubleshoot this board?

It seems like there may be a shortage on the board as no one seems to have one in stock.

Any help is appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced all 6 couplers. Yes, I did see corrosion on the couplers and connectors in the Zone 1 Heat Pump.

I cleaned all of the remaining connectors. I did not replace any of them. They were clean and shiny after the cleaning. Toothbrush and CRC Electronic Cleaner.

It was strange after cleaning the connectors and replacing the couplers I went down and did another initialize but had the same symptoms. I guess it's possible the connectors may have still been a little wet from the cleaner.

Understand now regarding the board connections.

Crazy all of the wire connections inside the plenums. Seems like a pretty sloppy way to do things. Should have used some kind of moisture proof connectors. Funny how it is actually getting hard to find RJ-11's. I bought all my local Menard's had and also the last one at Walmart.

Heading to Talladega tomorrow so I will try the Zone 3 thing again when I get back.

Thanks again!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
EXT Stage Select - Two Air Conditioner/Heat Pump Units (Select Models) On 1 Zone
This system can be configured to run two air conditioner/heat
pump units using the same temperature set-point for controlling
the comfort level in one zone
One unit is designated as the primary stage and the other unit is
designated as the secondary stage. The power module boards in
both units will use the same DIP switch selection for the Zone
(for example, both will be set to Zone 2). On the unit designated
โ€œsecondaryโ€ the power module board DIP switch identified as
โ€œExt Stageโ€ must be set to the ON position in order to configure
the power module board for the on-demand secondary stage
operation (in this example Zone 2 and Ext Stage DIP switches
are in the ON position). In this stage configuration, the CCC 2
thermostat temperature set-point will be used for both the primary and the secondary stage air conditioner/ heat pump. Only
one indoor temperature sensor is required for this configuration
and it must be installed in the power module board configured
as the primary control. The turn ON time for the compressors
and fans will be controlled to ensure that compressors on the
system start one-at-a-time. A minimum delay of 20 to 30 seconds is required between compressor starts

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
E1 is communication error, which you have fixed with the new modular connections. YES, Zone 1 is NOT listed and is the default Zone 1 for the Dometic system. The 2 COM cables for each AC control board. There is no preference at all. You can use either one. EACH does the same thing. Are you stating you did NOT see any corrosion on the ends you replaced? Remember, EACH AC, you have the 2 modular connections on the Control board, THEN BOTH those com cables go about 18 inches and then connect to the supplied unit a quick connect union. So, in your 3 AC system, you will have a total of 11 modular connections. Did you replace all 11? Some are NOT used, but need replaced anyway. Doug

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
I just realized there is no Zone 1 Setting. I have been looking for Dometic Manuals that describe the EXT. stage setting but all that I have found just state Not Used On This Unit.

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
Well more to the story. Around 5AM the AC shuts off. All of them with E1 error.

So I ended up replacing and cleaning all 3 units now with new couplers in all of them. After that I did an Initialize and it did not recognize any of the zones. Went up and put the Middle AC back on Ext. stage instead of Zone 3. Did another initialize and is working as was originally.

One other thing I did was swap the RJ-11 cables on the middle AC relay board because I think I may have swapped them. Not sure if it makes a difference?

Another observation was that the Blizzard Heat Pump only had Heat Pump and Furnace Dip switch settings on. No zone 1 or EXT. stage on. I figured one or the other would have been on?

So now I am a bit confused. I don't know if it was the RJ-11 couplers, the dip switch settings on the middle AC, or a swapped RJ-11 on the middle AC relay board that caused the issue this morning.

Any input is welcome!

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
Our model is the Champagne 38EL. Rear living/Front bedroom.

The Blizzard 15K Heat Pump is now Zone 1 Rear. One Penguin II is in the center and now Zone 3 was EXT Stage of Zone 1. The 2nd Penguin II is in the Front bedroom and is Zone 2.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The reason I suggested adding the remote interior temp sensor is to allow that 2nd ext unit to turn off and on, by sensing the actual temp of the area it is cooling. I also do not know what the problems may be by setting it at Zone 3, versus just an extension of Zone 1. If the 2 AC units were within 5 feet or less, than using the wall tstat may be best. I looked at a similar model Cedar Creek and it did show a middle AC, then all the way up front, the front AC and all the way at the back, the rear AC. Indeed 10 to 15 foot spacing. Is your front the LR or the Bedroom? Front to rear, which AC units are EXT? Doug

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
Roughly 12-15 ft.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Roadgypsie2020 wrote:
I guess I could do that but the wall thermostat is in the same room. It seems to work OK as is.

How close are those 2 AC units? Doug

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
No. They are all original.

Roadgypsie2020
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I could do that but the wall thermostat is in the same room. It seems to work OK as is.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
BTW, Have ANY of the AC units been replaced since new? Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Remember, now you have designated that AC as Zone 3. You need to purchase a temp thermister and connect to that Zone 3 so you have individual sense of all 3 Zones. Just run it just below the Zone 3 AC and mount to the ceiling close to a return ac duct cover. Doug

https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometic-duo-therm-3106486-008-oem-rv-a-c-indoor-temperature-sensor/?gc...