cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

STEALTH NOMAD TOY HAULER. BUYER BEWARE!

audom
Explorer
Explorer
Warning! Anyone thinking of buying one of these units DO NOT!
For the record, this is our eighth camper we have owned over the course of 20 years. We know the drill and have many experiences with manufacturers. Never have we been treated this bad before Stealth.
Purchased our 2020 24' FB in March of 2020. First noticed massive water leak around rear window in Jan 2021. Went round and round with them for months! Horrible communication and follow through with their warranty department! Finally got a check in the mail for labor costs but never received any materials. We couldnโ€™t wait any longer and began the repairs, FYI we are a registered repair shop. Holy **** did we literally open Pandora's Box!
The construction, fit and finish and lack of craftsmanship was appalling! Every window and door entry leaked and had voids in sealant! Throughout the whole unit, multiple fasteners were missing! The freshwater vent hose kinked and blew floor apart! The bathroom plumbing leaked. The roof was not properly reinforced for the Air Conditioner weight and almost fell through! And the list goes on and on.
We have tried working with Stealth and was just passed on from one person to the next. I have a documented timeline verifying everything and how they totally dropped the ball in this disaster and yet they have the Gaul to tell us they will not cover their absolutely horrible construction of this unit.
So now our goal... to make sure no one else gets burned like we did! I will be posting on all RV social mediate websites and forums. If you know of any others, please let me know.

Anyone else with the same issue, please reach out to me, {SNIP}

MOD'S EDIT:

Please review the forum rules, especially this one:

Forum Rules wrote:
Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
8 REPLIES 8

ADTD
Explorer
Explorer

We had a very similar experience with the purchase of a 2023 Stealth Nomad.  It was "thoroughly" checked by the dealer in Illinois and shipped to us in Texas.  When it arrived - wow.  There was a leak in the front door and the door wall was warped, the 30AMP fitting popped sidewise because they'd missed the stud, the shower fan was detached on one side and hanging down, the Jack bed wouldn't lay flat becuase the frame was warped, there was a ripple in the diamond floor where it hadn't been glued, the E-track screw heads were snapped off because they'd been over torqued, there was a paint stain on the floor, and last but not least, they'd welded stabilizer jacks in the back that were too long and couldn't be extended.  We placed a claim immediately and were told they were "working on it" but it's been a year now and we keep getting promises, but no action.  The design itself is great but the quality is horrible.  This was just our experience, however, but I'd think carefully about buying anything from this company.

@ADTD wrote:

We had a very similar experience with the purchase of a 2023 Stealth Nomad.  It was "thoroughly" checked by the dealer in Illinois and shipped to us in Texas.  When it arrived - wow.  There was a leak in the front door and the door wall was warped, the 30AMP fitting popped sidewise because they'd missed the stud, the shower fan was detached on one side and hanging down, the Jack bed wouldn't lay flat becuase the frame was warped, there was a ripple in the diamond floor where it hadn't been glued, the E-track screw heads were snapped off because they'd been over torqued, there was a paint stain on the floor, and last but not least, they'd welded stabilizer jacks in the back that were too long and couldn't be extended.  We placed a claim immediately and were told they were "working on it" but it's been a year now and we keep getting promises, but no action.  The design itself is great but the quality is horrible.  This was just our experience, however, but I'd think carefully about buying anything from this company.

Personally' I would never purchase any RV I had seen and checked out in person. It's really hard to believe that all those problems cropped up during shipment. As always, it "Buyer Beware!".

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

The issues didn't pop up during shipping.  The dealer neglected to disclose them.  They provided me photos and a video but conveniently didn't show or disclose any of the manufacturing defects.  They later confided that they'd had numerous quality issues and warranty work for customers completed through Stealth, to which I asked why they hadn't disclosed that to me, prior to my purchase?!  I guess having twenty+ trailers sitting on your lot tends to cloud your integrity.

@ADTD wrote:

The issues didn't pop up during shipping.  The dealer neglected to disclose them.  They provided me photos and a video but conveniently didn't show or disclose any of the manufacturing defects.  They later confided that they'd had numerous quality issues and warranty work for customers completed through Stealth, to which I asked why they hadn't disclosed that to me, prior to my purchase?!  I guess having twenty+ trailers sitting on your lot tends to cloud your integrity.

You would have to check with your lawyer on this issue. Legal advice cannot be giver here. Sorry! 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
The people that build Toy Hauler are Non-Union. They don't care, there's no quality control.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
this sucks that this happened to you. i have watched several of there toyhauler video's and noticed they all look the same. i am not sure where they are built but to this date i have not seen even a bone stock enclosed trailer coming out of any plant in GA that was worth a ****. not sure why either but many know it.

sad to hear stealth cannot get there act together especially when they claim there are razor thin margines in cargo trailers.

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
MODS EDIT:

You really really canโ€™t discuss legal stuff here.

dedmiston
That sounds like a nightmare. I wonder if there's any way to involve the lender? They'll probably be surprised when they learn that the collateral on their loan isn't worth anything.

And just a reminder: The forum rules are really firm about discussing legal matters. Just don't.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230