cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flojet portable macerator

Morden
Explorer
Explorer
giving up on 2004 roadtrek 190 pump out. Anyone have epeirence using the Flojet portable Macerator?
8 REPLIES 8

dks
Explorer
Explorer
PM sent

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It does use gravity to do the major pull, but if you can dump using a stinky slinky, you can dump with the flojet.

I have the portable one. I really only use it at home. On the road at dump stations, a stinky slinky is just too easy not to use.

At home, I simply attach it to the dump point (it connects like a stnky slinky) and then use long jumper cables to connect it to the house battery on the other side of the RV. It does a great job of moving everything through the attached garden hose and down the clean out pipe.

I have found that the power is a bit reduced if I'm not connected to shore power. It still works, but it is more powerful when I hook up.

I did have the fuse blow once, easy to switch out. And I had the blades lock up - just a quarter turn on the screw and they were fine.

Otherwise no problems at all. And so much nicer than connecting multiple stinky slinkies and having to manually "lift" the contents down the slinky hose line.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
I have one that I have used with an older class A, a TC, and now with a TT. I find it easy to use and have never had a problem with it.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

Morden
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes

I want to know from someone who uses this that it does work as advertised. I'd also like to hear about issues that you've encountered.

What I'm unclear about is this:

> once the self priming pump is primed I realize it pumps the effluent OUT
? but does it also pump the waste FROM the holding tank or is that part of the process dependent on gravity?

Thanks for replying

Morden

Morden
Explorer
Explorer
DKS - thank you. I'm in the GTA and would be interested in who installed it. Also if you have a picture or drawing of where and how they installed the hose I'd love to know. I'm trying to visualize how they get both tanks.

Also - is it the portable model that has now been installed permanently?

Morden

dks
Explorer
Explorer
I have a portable Flojet that was added to my unit by the previous owner. It is a 190 Roadtrek. They installed it with the discharge hose going through the side storage bin. It can be removed for maintenance (just changed the impeller this week).

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
yep, but I don't own a Class B
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do you want to know?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)