Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire Recall

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
NHTSA Recall ID Number : 22T012
Synopsis : Shandong New Continent Tire Co., Ltd (SNC) is recalling certain Rolling Big Power Repulsor M/T Tires, size 285/75R16LT with DOT date codes 1418 through 1622. Due to a manufacturing issue, the sidewall may separate from the tire. As such, these tires fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 139, "New Pneumatic Radial Tires for Light Vehicles." Sidewall separation can lead to tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash. SNC will replace the tires, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a schedule for recall notification. Owners may contact Shandong's customer service at (86)0539-265-5299.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
9 REPLIES 9

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
The tires are a large lugs and voids LT off road mud terrains (MT) tire. They show many sizes but just one size is in the recall.

It took them almost 2000 years to build their factory, talk about attention to detail, and pirce protect has its merits, plus you get a T shirt, pen and cap lol....

Why wouldn't anyone want a set? They list their "advantages" as...

1. We aim to do the top one for SUV tire.
2. We are tire Manufacturer, Factory was built in 1996 years
3. Complete tire series HP UHP SUV Winnter tire and Commericial tire
4. More than 400 car tire sizes and popular patterns.
5. Production capacity: 18000pcs/per month
6. We also have TBR and OTR tire factory (Yinbao factory)
7. Steady car tire supply and shipment in time
8.I f you are our stable customer, we have good policy to support you.( pirce protect, solo agent..)
9. We have many promotion products to support you.( catalog, T-shirt, pen, cap...)
10. Professional service for you
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
The whole city makes tires that fail? Very confusing.

Now that’s funny! But yeah probably.
This message brought to you by the Coronavirus and rapidly deflating tires!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The tires are a large lugs and voids LT off road mud terrains (MT) tire. They show many sizes but just one size is in the recall.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Sure can't wait to get me some of those Shandong Tyres ROFLMAO

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
I am unfamiliar with Continent Tire Co. My web search comes up zero. Did you mean Continental?

Nope. Shandong is a Chinese Province. These are maypops. And also literally one of the least likely tires to be on a single rig that a rvnet member owns.

Typically sold in the cheapo Ching Chong tire section of Amazon and Llanteras…lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The whole city makes tires that fail? Very confusing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
A public service message? LOL

Is not Shandong the city/factory where they make the Michelins?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I am unfamiliar with Continent Tire Co. My web search comes up zero. Did you mean Continental?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Shandong Big Power Repulsor! You couldn't make this up. Trailer tires with BDE.