cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heki 2 Skylight outer hinges

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
If I could be Thor and throw this POC as far as Thor can throw his hammer I WOULD!!!!!

This has been the weakest link in my entire TC. I’ve replace several inter latch hinges, 4 sets of struts an entire internal frame that included both the blackout screen and flyscreen.

Now two of the three external hinges that hold the entire contraption on are broke, one completely broke the other 90 percent there.

Of course what is broken is not the simple black hinge, its the other half of the hinge that is built into the entire external frame…..no JB welding that.

I’m at Home Depot looking for possible replacement door hinges….

Has anyone used Eternabond to act as an entire hinge. One big strip across the bottom and viola!

Boy I wish there was a drop in alternative replacement unit.
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 3K VictronConnect Multiplus II, VictronConnect smart DC-DC charger, VictronConnect 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
3 REPLIES 3

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
A Real POS??…100% agreed!!…You’d never guess that it’s german engineered…

3 tons

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
It has seen the sun 365 days a year down here in Southern California and AZ deserts, so lots of UV damage for sure.
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 3K VictronConnect Multiplus II, VictronConnect smart DC-DC charger, VictronConnect 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems like your install must have been bad or the sun is really beating up on yours. That’s a lot of issues. Fwiw, I have the same model and had one latch go bad in 17 years.

I think I got mine from Dometic Europe. It’s been a long time (about 10 years) since that failure.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member