cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Route MI --> Pheonix

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We;;. our well laid out detail retirement travel route plans have gotten derailed due to medical issue. It's actually delaying my retirement now.

Looking at the time we "should" be able to start the journey, it's now going to be about the destination, and not the Journey. Trip will be starting probably second week in October.
7 REPLIES 7

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Route 66 still exists in places. You can drive it thru several cities in NM and AZ. And a large section exists between Ash Fork and Kingman in AZ.

So many snowbirds - so little room in the freezer.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cptnvideo wrote:
:D;) Arizona doesn't allow Michigan residents into the state. Especially UM fans.

Go BLUE!

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Matt_Colie wrote:
Phil,
Well, our starting points probably are separated by several hundred yards and about a dozen years or so. Then, we had two objectives. One was to travel the Mother Road Rt-66 and the other was to be in Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. We managed both and had a great time.

You will want to pick it up the other side of Chicago, and that is a great place to start.

While Rt-66 technically no longer exists, the route is marked and most of it has been supplanted by more modern roads. This was a great and comfortable route and if you care, I can tell you a lot more.

Our mailing address is Belleville, but we actually are in New Boston (Huron Twp).

Matt

Sorry for the late response, but the recovery is not going as planned 😞

I do need to update my home town, and we sold our belleville house and live south of battle creek in a park model trailer. That is our base, and the 5th wheel is our travel home.

I hadn't considered rt 66, that's an interesting suggestion! If it doesn't technically exist anymore, then how do I find it?

I have a training class scheduled for 10/23 about an hour north of phoenix, we're holding that date for right now.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
:D;) Arizona doesn't allow Michigan residents into the state. Especially UM fans.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Phil,
Well, our starting points probably are separated by several hundred yards and about a dozen years or so. Then, we had two objectives. One was to travel the Mother Road Rt-66 and the other was to be in Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. We managed both and had a great time.

You will want to pick it up the other side of Chicago, and that is a great place to start.

While Rt-66 technically no longer exists, the route is marked and most of it has been supplanted by more modern roads. This was a great and comfortable route and if you care, I can tell you a lot more.

Our mailing address is Belleville, but we actually are in New Boston (Huron Twp).

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
So what's the question?

October is still plenty of time to take the slow route to Phoenix. We've done it both ways:
- I wouldn't run I-80/I-90 to Utah/Wyoming and then south because, yes, the weather will be turning if you make the trip over 6-8wks.
- But head south first and then head west and you should be golden taking 6-8 weeks.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman