Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few parts needed

bbonville
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

I recently picked up a 2001 Trail-Lite Bantom (R-Vision).

I noticed a few things, first, that we have a soft spot in the floor near the rear table. I'm going to tackle that in the spring and rip all the flooring out, replace whatever rot is in the plywood, seal everything up and put new flooring down.

Second, the reverse lights don't work. I took the reflector off and the reverse lights aren't even connected. The wire has either been cut or has been ripped out and wrapped around the actual bulb.

Third, i'm missing the lower right marker reflector. Does anyone know the model # of it? I'm going to purchase a new one. The outside says SAE-AP2-91 which i'm told isn't the model, simply the reflectivity rating.

If anyone is in Alberta and can recommend a good parts dealer, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks all
6 REPLIES 6

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Command electronics probably made the lights. That's what was on our 2005 Rvision.

https://www.commandelectronics.com/

Most likely this one or this one.

Gary
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
The center pin of your seven way plug is for the reverse lights. There is probably no wiring going to the center pin of the trailer side connector or it dead ends in the junction box the pigtail ends in. If you run wiring from the junction box to the tail lights and install tail lights with an integral backup light you will now have backup lights.
I would not bother if it was me as my unit came with backup lights and they do not add anything to the backing experience.
You might be better off replacing all the lights with LED fixtures to make your lights lots more reliable and trouble free.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
bbonville wrote:
Hey all,

I recently picked up a 2001 Trail-Lite Bantom (R-Vision).

I noticed a few things, first, that we have a soft spot in the floor near the rear table. I'm going to tackle that in the spring and rip all the flooring out, replace whatever rot is in the plywood, seal everything up and put new flooring down.

Second, the reverse lights don't work. I took the reflector off and the reverse lights aren't even connected. The wire has either been cut or has been ripped out and wrapped around the actual bulb.

Third, i'm missing the lower right marker reflector. Does anyone know the model # of it? I'm going to purchase a new one. The outside says SAE-AP2-91 which i'm told isn't the model, simply the reflectivity rating.

If anyone is in Alberta and can recommend a good parts dealer, i'd appreciate it.
C
Thanks all

Finding parts for a 22 year-old hybrid, from a defunct company, will be a challenge. You'll have to find parts that are close to the OEM ones. Don't believe that your trailer has reverse lights. The trailer's floor is constructed with luan. It's common for water intrusion to cause soft floors.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
bbonville wrote:

I'm going to tackle that in the spring and rip all the flooring out, replace whatever rot is in the plywood, seal everything up and put new flooring down.

In most RVs, the floor is the first thing put down and everything is built on top. To replace the entire floor means ripping out all of the base cabinetry. They do sell pressure treated plywood, but I don't know what type of fumes it might give off. Also, almost no adhesive will stick to it.

Foam or honeycomb panels are water proof, but require a thicker panel, layers of fiberglass or additional support from the frame, which is why manufacturers do not use it !

bbonville wrote:

Believe it or not, not all 7 pin trailer harnesses are wired for reverse lights.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
For parts in canada I've heard that these guys are pretty good. https://youngfartsrvparts.ca
Personally I've never used them as I usually order from amazon or a US source.
2010 Suncruiser

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Google SAE-AP2-99. Apparently that lens has been discontinued but many others are listed as a substitution.
2010 Suncruiser