cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV parking in Bardstown, KY

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are there any places in Bardstown, KY to park a 26' Class C while touring the town?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
As for the "downtown" area, if you go a few blocks away from the main streets, you'll see street parking that isn't in marked spaces. If you don't park directly in front of someone's house or business (think street parking along a large open area), you shouldn't have any concerns. Just pay attention to the signs.

As mentioned, the schools and government building has parking. But, again, pay attention to the signs as some are technically closed when the offices or school is closed.

As for the distilleries, most have ample parking that can accommodate an RV.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
If school isn't in session the high school or elementary school would be the obvious pick, otherwise I'd ask the basilica, or if it was Sunday the library.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
ya got it! Sorry if I confused the issue.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Don't have a toad. That's why I asked about parking a 26' RV. Don't want to take Uber or such.

thanks

Oh, so you don't mean park it and leave it -- you mean parking it periodically WHILE you're touring the town, right?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't have a toad. That's why I asked about parking a 26' RV. Don't want to take Uber or such.

thanks

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Rv park reviews, if you want to overnight probably three campgrounds close to town

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Are there any places in Bardstown, KY to park a 26' Class C while touring the town?

Making the assumption you're dropping the C and touring in the toad, I'd leave it in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Always plenty of space there, and it's not like a 26-er takes up much Real Estate anyway. Enjoy!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress