cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rentals

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know anything about a company call RVShare. I'm interested in taking my son,daughter in law and grandson to Alaska next summer. My late husband and I visited 3 times but family doesn't have extended time to drive from east coast. Saw add for this company and sounds interesting.
6 REPLIES 6

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if the intent is to rent the RV in MA and drive to Alaska or just to rent in Alaska. If the intent is to rent in Alaska, there are other options (Great Alaska Holidays, ABC, etc).

I know there are likely hundreds of success stories for renting of private RV's, but I've dealt with two disputes (one from the owner / lessor side, one from the renter / lessee side) using similar services and my clients (on either side) had nothing good to say about their experience.

The point raised regarding a mechanical issue is quite valid...lots of road miles in AK that aren't close to metro areas and tow services.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
My concern would be what kind of support you could expect should the rig have a mechanical issue. Itโ€™s not like one of the major companies that could get you a replacement. And if you are considering driving from the lower 48 that is a trip that will challenge a rig to near its limits.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. As an RV owner myself I don't think I could rent out my rv,but I am considering this.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have personal experience with it, however my cousin and her husband used it multiple times when visiting Yellowstone. They'd fly out from the East Coast to Bozeman, MT. The RVShare owner was in Bozeman, so they'd take a cab/Uber to his house from the airport and spend 2 weeks exploring. They did it for 4 or 5 years before finally getting a RV of their own.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
This link will tell you everything you need to know.

RVShare

As someone who used to own an RV rental business I like to see these smaller companies using real world network RV's as opposed to the stripped down units you see from the major rental companies. You might want to also check craigslist listings or forums for RV owners who rent their RV's personally. Sometimes you get a better RV for a lower price from Mom and Pop.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS