cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure monitor systems

timn
Explorer
Explorer
So looking to monitor my 5th wheel tire pressure which ones are any good thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

yellow_dog
Explorer
Explorer
Tire Traker, excellent customer service.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
My motorcycle has a Garmin/Zumo GPS which also monitors tire pressure. The sensors just thread onto the valve stems โ€ฆ. My fifth wheel has the Ford system and it works good but I had to have the trailer tires removed to install the sensors.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
I needed to replace my monitor on my TST system, called them and was told I would get a better deal from TechnoRV, they even have a Vets discount.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Ford dually and would like to have a tire monitoring system for the 5th wheel. Ford trucks are set up for "factory" tire monitor system, but factory seniors are $500 plus for a system last time I checked at the dealership. Were do you recommend purchasing a TST system from and any recommendations please.
Chuck

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
TST has a long track record of being used on RV's and the customer service they provide is top notch. Having a tire monitor system can possibly save you a lot of pain and money letting you know ahead of time before a tire failure.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a tire minder system on truck and TT. On our latest trip it saved me some serious cash and possibly saved our trip. The right rear sensor on the truck started reading a high temp going across Kansas. I pulled over to check the temps with my infrared temp gun and found that the emergency brake drum was getting REAL hot. I crawled under the truck and found that my emergency brake had hung up and was in the process of cooking my brake, and grease seal on the differential. Without the warning, I would have probably had a rear end failure that would have probably ended our trip and cost me BIG money in repairs. I have not had any leaks on the rear end so I hope we caught it in time.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the TST and am satisfied with it for the most part. The only complaint I have with it is the excessively, to me, long time it takes to alert you to a lost sensor. It can take up to an hour before the system will alert you to the fact the monitor has lost contact with a tire sensor.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

EgorKC
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Tire Minder for 11 years. Detected air leak twice. Did not help with a catastrophic tire tread separation. Tire exploded before alert could occur. Aside from that it monitors pressure and temps very well.
Greg
You cannot stop growing old but you don't have to grow up. ๐Ÿ™‚
Chef/Pilot
DW/Navigator
2 Sons, 1 DIL, 3 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter. Boz the cat:)
2012 F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 SWD Crewcab.
2012 Wildcat 313RE-OK

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Another vote for TST. Good support and has the added benefit of telling you what pressures are before you start moving. I leave the monitor on in the truck and it goes to sleep but as soon as it feels any movement, like opening the door, it wakes up and gives me pressures.
Some systems have to be going down the road before they give readings and that is too late.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Had a TST 507 for 12 years. Worked great. Did add the repeater for more reliable readings.

I started using the TST507 last year and LOVE IT
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet