cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations on a back up camera

timn
Explorer
Explorer
Ok guys I want to install a back up camera which one thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had to replace the camera system in our class A nearly 2 years ago, like most items I did the research to figure out what works best for my scenario. Spent about a half hour weighing pros and cons of various multi-camera systems for our 40' rig, Amazon had the best price and all 4 cameras have performed flawlessly over the last couple of years and 12K+ miles.

Just a few months ago we did the very same thing when searching for a 10 tire TPMS system, needed a system that came with a repeater for best results while going down the interstate. Purchased from Amazon and have had no issues with getting all sensors to register, TPMS we had before would have issues with the sensors on our toad showing up. Happy shopping!!!

timn
Explorer
Explorer
Flyboy what was your brand please thanks.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have tried several others but has been the best by far: Haloview Handy 7 Wireless.
It is portable and has a magnetic base so you can stick it anywhere made of steel. I put it on top of the hitch and have converted backing up and hooking up to a one person operation. No wiring.
The one fly in the mixture is the short six to eight hour battery life but it comes with a battery pack that more than doubles that and also has a magnetic base. Range is good, stuck on the back of my 30 ft RV it works fine, supposedly has a 50+ ft range.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon, check the reviews, where I got mine 3 years ago ($119) , still satisfiedโ€ฆ..

Canโ€™t speak for any others but have been happy with my Furrion. With the 5โ€ screen Until this year that isโ€ฆ. I had to CLEAN the lens, but its all good again now.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet