cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME STATE PARK

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking to staying here (MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME STATE PARK) late Sept early Oct and know nothing about this park. Got a 26' class c and looking for a level site as we plan to be coming & going quite a bit and don't want to drag leveling blocks out every day. Water is nice, but 30 amp is a must. The reservation site isn't much help. Our plan is to hit a couple of distilleries in the area, so we'll probably be about most of the days. Another concern is that it seems that KY parks have a tendency to place the power poles aways from the actual pad. Is this true here also?
Read the reviews, searched photos, etc, but what are some of the sites that best fit our wants, if you know of them?

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bit the bullet and reserved a site. 28 feet to the power pole, according to the reservation site, but 28 ft to where? Gonna find out. Chose the site because of Google Maps Street view. Seems to be the most level site there and with our planned comings & goings we want a quick & easy in & out. May regret this but, oh well won't be the first mistake we've made. Hopefully it becomes a pleasant memory and a new insight into interpreting the RV Reviews!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Louisville South KOA is the best reviewed that's reasonably close, 25 minutes to Bardstown. That area doesn't have a ton of good options which is why I ended up booking a campground in Illinois for an upcoming festival in Louisville.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
White Acres sort of scared me also. Been thinking of Taylorville Lake SP, but it's like 40 minutes from Bardstown. And is still a Kentucky state park, so no idea where the power pole are located. Still checking into it.
Open for thoughts & ideas.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We’ve never stayed there, but the pictures and reviews scared me off pretty quickly. I’ve been thinking of going to white acres campgrounds very near the state park,but it too doesn’t look great. But to me it does seem to be the best closest in Bardstown. I would like to see others opinions on the area.

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
Great place to make as your central location. Not too many level spots. Yes, the power poles are quite far from the campsites. But, they are glad to sell you a 25' extention cord for the going price. This is a good place to sleep.