cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell Phone - Sending Test Message

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else experiencing a problem when sending a TM (SMS/MMS)n with their cell phone.. Now it seems as though when you take a photo and want to send it in a TM, it takes anywhere from 20 -40 minutes to send.. Does not matter if phone is using wifi, or 4/5G connection. Never had this problem in the past, but do now with both my old phomr or new cell phone (Samsung/Android).. Just asking to see if anyone else has this problem??
14 REPLIES 14

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have ATT and haven't noticed any issues with sending texts with photos, sent two this afternoon with no delay.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
If your using ATT they are "aware"of the problem but do not have a fix. We have used a work around by turning off wifi when sending then turn back on.

Aware of what problem? We have 50 - 60 phones in our company on AT&T, and do not have any stinking problems.

Good for you.

The problem is all over their support pages. Mainly Samsung phones and Pixels. We had the problem in our S9 but not in the S20
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

I'm personally using Visible, which is on Verizon mobile network, and not seeing any issues with SMS/MMS messaging. Have received, and just recently sent a photo message about the new ELVIS movie with no problems. Though admit I don't send many mobile messages as I'm not very efficient doing so. Keypad too small for my big fingers.

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
What mobile service are you using?

Verizon

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem a few months ago and I just needed to resize my photo
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
If your using ATT they are "aware"of the problem but do not have a fix. We have used a work around by turning off wifi when sending then turn back on.

Aware of what problem? We have 50 - 60 phones in our company on AT&T, and do not have any stinking problems.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hardly ever send MMS messages but no.
If the tower signal is weak or limited it takes longer
If the network is busy it can take longer to ACK
And with WI-Fi.. add if the Router is over worked (Too many clients doing things like streaming video) is added to the list (Router Signal replaces Tower Signal for Wi-FI)

Now if I sent a picture via Radio (Ham Radio) depending on the resolution (This also affects you) it can take from 1 to 5 minutes.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My ex was trying to send some pics yesterday via txt and took a long time. Not sure what service she has.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

What mobile service are you using?

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
No. But I have an iPhone if that matters.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Me neither.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No issues with me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad