cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Hauler rear door

bikernut
Explorer
Explorer
my 2007 KZ 41 has a slight problem with the rear door/ramp. It has some how gotten water in it and has rotten out by the water getting in somewhere. I am looking to replace it with a new one but can't seem to find any place that sell replacements. I have tried the KZ website and they aren't answering my request in the customer care contact page. this trailer has only about 7500 miles as it just goes to my campsite in the summer and it is stored inside under cover the rest of the time. can any of you fellow toy haulers help me in getting a replacement or an site where I can order one. thanks
2007 KZ New Vision 41kg Sportster toy Hauler
1995 FLTC
1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4
1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/19784 miles
2020 GMC Denali
2015 Harley Tri-guide
9 REPLIES 9

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Look around you for an independent RV shop. A racing friend of mine does this stuff all the time. Replaces front/rear caps, etc. but he's in Indio, CA
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about your situation I can certainly understand. You may be ble to find someone local to do the job for a reasonable cost. Like I said that outside layer can be replaced with marine painted luan wood OR source some aluminum sheeting used on enclosed trailers. Plain white should work. I used to own a KZ New Vision and that was the trailer we did this repair on. Total cost of materials was about $400 but we did not need the outside layer. Cost at the time for a new door was north of $4K.

Good luck hope you get it resolved.

bikernut
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replies and suggestions.
redhooker my outside layer has split from expansion and living in my small home there is no available area to do what you suggest but it would be great also if I wasn't handicapped and incapable to do this but wish I could.
2007 KZ New Vision 41kg Sportster toy Hauler
1995 FLTC
1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4
1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/19784 miles
2020 GMC Denali
2015 Harley Tri-guide

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
These are not tough to rebuild yourself. Especially if the outer fiberglass sheet is in decent shape. Take the door off. Take apart the outside aluminum trim. You will find one or two layers of cheap plywood under the grip surface that overlay an aluminum square tube frame, usually with foam panels between the framing for insulation. Other side of frame will be luan with fiberglass exterior surface.

Replace rotten wood, the odd size usually means you need to use at least two layers of two pieces of thin luan plywood which comes 4x8. Make your seam vertical (when door is closed) and interlock the two layers by gluing them together with hardwood floor adhesive-full coverage troweled down. Use whatever grip surface you like (rubber diamond plate is nice) and glue that to surface.

If the fiberglass side is rotten, make the same plywood sandwich and you can paint with marine (Interlux Perfection is very nice) after bondo/mesh over seam. Otherwise just reuse the outside layer.

Reassemble the outside trim and brackets. It's an easier job that it even sounds.

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can try Lippert
Lippert Link

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
It will probably be a challenge buying a replacement door. Right now all of the part manufacturers are having trouble keeping up with the demand from rv manufacturers. The door manufacturers probably won't sell directly to you and it will likely take a long time for a dealer/repair shop to get one for you.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

Y-Guy
I did some digging around found a couple companies that sell ramp doors Pelland Enterprises and Reaper Custom Fabrication I'm not affiliated or nor do I know anything about them so be cautious.

I recall some other owners having had issues said a new door ran a couple grand. plus another $700 for shipping.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dedmiston
That's a tough one. You might end up having to find someplace local who can use your existing frame to fab something up.

Finding a local dealer would be a good first step though.

I've obviously got a different brand than you, but I was able to get my manufacturer to point me to their parts supplier for some body damage. The parts were too expensive to ship, but it was worth it to swing by Elkheart, IN to have them do the work. Not only did they have the parts, but they had a service dept. who could do the job.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
With supply issues and everything else you may find a tough time getting what you are looking for.

If you are still in the City/State you listed I'd start by contacting the local KZ dealer in your area;

Rte. 125 RV & Marine, LLC
343 Gonic Road
Rochester, NH, 03839
Telephone: 603-335-0112
FAX: 603-335-0531
Email: 125rv@theroadiscalling.com

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon