cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

best way to sell

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
After 48 years of RVing, DH and I have decided to sell our last Motorhome. Any suggestions on how best to get the word out that it is for sale? We have posted it locally on our area's "Marketplace" but would like to make the info more widespread. Thanks for your tips.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
14 REPLIES 14

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Price it right and it will sell no matter the format or listing service.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Dennis_Henderso
Explorer III
Explorer III
2 Retired wrote:
Took the advice of using Facebook Marketplace - and the suggestion we do some homework to "price it to sell but not give it away". Finalized the exchange of funds today, less than 2 weeks after posting! Close to asking price too! Thanks for the help everyone!

Good for you! Congratulations!

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Took the advice of using Facebook Marketplace - and the suggestion we do some homework to "price it to sell but not give it away". Finalized the exchange of funds today, less than 2 weeks after posting! Close to asking price too! Thanks for the help everyone!
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
RVTrader. Spend the money for the ad, take a lot of really good pictures (maybe even hire a professional Real Estate photographer if the size/value of your RV justifies it), and give a very detailed (and honest) description.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We have bought, sold and bought again all using either Facebook marketplace or the local Craigslist.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Agree with Facebook Marketplace. Listed our 5er and had a confirmed buyer two days later. I limited the ad radius making it easy to show potential buyers and meet them at their bank for a no fear bank issued check. Listed on Wednesday. Lady toured it Friday and said she wanted it. Husband confirmed it Saturday. Met her at their bank on Tuesday. By the time I could officially mark it sold I had over 20 more inquiries.

Dennis_Henderso
Explorer III
Explorer III
Facebook Marketplace for your local area. We listed our motorhome and the buyer contacted us 8 minutes later. By the time he came to see it in two hours, 14 additional inquiries were made. He bought it that morning. Others in our area have had quick results with Facebook Marketplace.

Good luck to you.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blackdiamond wrote:
Have sold 3 rvs on Craigslist, I still use CL all the time but also FB Marketplace. Just sold an item on CL in 1 day that was listed on FB for 2 weeks, use every outlet available.

BTW latest scam on CL is you get a text asking if its still available, then they ask if they can call you right now, then they ask if you are a real person and if so please verify because there are a lot of scammers out there and want to send you a link. DON'T DO IT!

Agreed. Just post your phone number and tell them to call or text only. Scammers will not reply by phone/texting.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Have sold 3 rvs on Craigslist, I still use CL all the time but also FB Marketplace. Just sold an item on CL in 1 day that was listed on FB for 2 weeks, use every outlet available.

BTW latest scam on CL is you get a text asking if its still available, then they ask if they can call you right now, then they ask if you are a real person and if so please verify because there are a lot of scammers out there and want to send you a link. DON'T DO IT!
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Facebook Marketplace. We sold our travel trailer in April. We only had it listed for a week. First family that looked at bought it. They drove over 4 hours to look at it. He had a cashier's check all ready for me.

Make sure to understand the market prices for your unit. Price it to sell, but don't give it away.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would second Facebook Marketplace. Craigslist will net you more scammers than potential buyers these days. I did sell a travel trailer on RVTrader once, but that's been about 10 years ago.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Craig'slist, RV Trader....

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
While I don't do Facebook I think I would to sell my motorhome.
From people that I know, Facebook marketplace is where it's at now

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to consign it, Commonwealth
In Ashland is used by many, both private owners and banks for their repo units.