cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out seals

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
The slide out seals on my trailer have almost ripped apart.These are the wipers that are on each side and seal the slide out when it is open. There are 1 piece of rubber about 4" long the one half goes under a metal strip with screws in it. The other half is supposed to run against the slide out. At several places,the rubber is ripped where it folds and will soon be completely apart. It appears the only way you can get at the screws that hold the rubber in place is to take the slide out - out of the trailer. I looked on you tube for a video but it seems different companies fasten them differently. Has this happened to anyone else and is there another way to fix it?This is on a 2o15 Keystone Cougar.
3 REPLIES 3

1995brave
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also check out etrailer.com I found my seal there.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Go to Steele Rubber products. Most of the seals slide into a channel and are not usually screwed in. Try and look at an end of the seals and match that profile to what is available. Good chance your unit does not have seals that were made for only your trailer.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Post a pic if you can. If it's a typical dinette/sofa slide, they generally need a forklift to take them out. I had a 13' slide in our TT that I removed solo to replace the floor, but don't know if I would do it again...