cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time for change

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I have been RVing for over 47 years, from a hard-sided pop up to our most recent Class A. We have both decided it is time to allow another family the chance to enjoy what we have loved doing for so very long. We're selling our Motor Home and NOT getting another! It's just time. Just want to thank everyone on this site for sharing their experiences and their expertise. Every question I have asked has been answered - almost always in a very useful way. I have learned so much from just reading your posts! Hope all continue to do well and enjoy the best vacation traditions. Sincerely, Pam and Bill Hyatt
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
9 REPLIES 9

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not yet. As I have said before I am 81 and still pretty healthy. I like the idea of sleeping in my own bed and not taking everything in and out, eating every meal out, etc. I had a house on the river up in WV but I am having it torn down. Done with that. I guess you know when its time

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderingaimlessly - We thought about that, but we've 'been there, done that' and simply are ready to ride a train, drive the car, or maybe even fly! We have a great firepit in our backyard (courtesy of our son!) so I can still enjoy my campfires! Thanks for the suggestion.
Go and enjoy!!

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
RognBon - Ours has been sitting as well. We still love to travel, but have found we are almost as comfortable in a decent (not overpriced) hotel room. It's just more effort now than we choose to put into using the RV. We have started to feel obligated to use it, and that's no reason to get in it and go! The other reality, of course, is cost. Its a 2006, so it is starting to need repairs. Just don't want to put any more $ into it. It's in good condition, and I'm sure another famliy will find enjoyment with it as we did!
Go and enjoy!!

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
We did he same thing last fall. We started tent camping in 1970 right after we got married. Over the years we had a tent trailer, a small hard sided trailer, a 36' Layton travel trailer, a 30' class A, a 34' class A and then a 40' Dynasty. But, our Dynasty sat for over a year without being used, and we realized we just didn't have the passion for travel that we once had. The fun had gone out of the experience and it became a chore to set up and break down camp. We do miss it, but we now spend our time pursuing other interests.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Will honestly suggest you look hard at downsizing, to something you are still comfortable with.
All too often, when you quit doing what you love, you quit doing much more.
Stay out there, moving slower maybe, but, still out there.
Russ

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Happy trails to you, wherever and however they lead.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
May your new path give you as many joys as RVing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the new chapter in your life. Please don't leave the forum-after 47 years of RVing I'm sure you have much wisdom to pass along.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
The very best to you. I dread the day that will come for us. Take care. Betsy.
Betsy