cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Awning

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I tried my Googlefu and failed. Many many years ago I worked for an RV dealer. I remeber a neat extended arm that attatched to the awning arm that allowed me to flip the awning release lever from low on the awning arm. The only reason we needed the awning rod was to reach the pull strap. Anybody?
5 REPLIES 5

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds about right ferndaleflyer, I was wondering if there was an aftermarket kit to put on manual awnings. It sure seemed handy.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Older Carefree of Colorado is like that if I understand your description. At least thatโ€™s how my old Monaco works.

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember right, it was a long rigid part that attached to the awning arm. You would pull down or push up on it and it had a finger that would flip the awning lever

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Was the extension a factory mount or something aftermarket? My Carefree awning has a factory remote extension like you are referencing. But without a manufactured channel in the arm itself that supports the cable the extension would be useless. The link is the replacement extension which is flexible and folded over for the picture. But again it needs some kind of supporting channel for the somewhat flexible plastic "cable".
Amazon
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
You mean this?

Awning Pull Rod

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB