cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter 2023

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone winter in Texas. Looking for a new place to travel in winter besides Arizona and Florida. Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
8 REPLIES 8

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I liked San Padre Island. You can camp right on the beach or stay in a NF CG. We stayed in the CG. The sand is hard packed and we drove our tow car on it, many drove their RV's and camped right on the beach and fished. I also liked the hill country also, interesting caves in that area.

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure why you'd be concerned about the popular areas of RVing in south Texas. Have you heard of a lot of crime caused by the border crossers? I haven't. It's not their intent to hang around once crossing and in the majority of cases they can't hang around. They are processed by the Border Patrol and sent elsewhere. There is more crime in any city in the U.S.

We love the Hill Country and Rockport areas but it can get cool/cold at times. The McAllen area is a LOT warmer.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all the information. We will check all the areas out that was suggested. With the border crisis going on not sure if we feel comfortable going clear down to the border area. But the other areas will definitely check out. Thank you again
Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
So many good TX choices. If you want ONLY warm for the Winter then you need to head far South to Corpus or South. If you don't mind some cool weather (sometimes briefly freezing) then Houston and South is a great choice.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We used to winter in South-TX for years, then decided to relocate as IL taxes were to much! We moved to Rockport, TX on Copano Bay and love it! Post Aransas is 35 minutes away for ocean fun! Great RV Parks, fishing, weekend festivals, and it is much cheaper than anywhere else!! Check it out! We ara at Bahia Vista RV Park, but they normally have a waiting list. There are LOTS of RV parks here!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the hill country area. I understand there is a large snow bird population there and plenty to do.

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
We spent most of one winter in Texas 6 years ago. Moved around every week or two instead of staying in one place to experience more of the state.
Nice variety of things to do, places to go.

Cost wise,Texas RV Parks were competitve to Florida and Arizona prices the year we went. That was years ago and may have changed.
happynow

Steve and Carol

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I winter in Texas. If interested in fishing I would concentrate on the Corpus Christi, Aransas Pass, Port Aransas and Rockport area. If you don't fish head another 165 miles south to the Mexico border area. McAllen, Weslaco etc.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.