cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you need to cross the border into Mexico

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
I know I need insurance for my car, but do I need a passport to cross for the day?
9 REPLIES 9

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a huge parking lot at the border. $6.00 for the day. Easy peasy to walk across. Parking in the village isn't really easy.
I'll probably be over there myself in the next couple of days for new eyeglasses.

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Algadones For dental work

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where are going in Mexico?

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
1ed wrote:
I know I need insurance for my car, but do I need a passport to cross for the day?

Going into Mexico without a passport is not a problem until you return to the U.S. and you are asked for it.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
Check with your insurance provider to see if the vehicle is covered in Mexico, some companies cover some do not, and make sure it has medical coverage.
All State does cover for a few miles in to Mexico.

A passport or border crossing card will be requiered upon return to the U.S. or other document that proves you are a citizen, drivers licence are not proof anymore.

Do not take any weapons in to Mexico at all!

Also do not purchase medicines without a valid perscription.

Althow small amounts of mariguana for personal use are legal in California and Mexico and related drug parfenelia, under federal laws they are ilegal, if you use leave all at home and do not bring any back, if the K-9 snifs it out you are done.

Otherwise engoy the trip, it is a different world

Next post down deals with travelling to Mexico and the requiered documents for a longer and further travel in to Mexico.

navegator

If you have a lien holder on your vehicles, you will need a written document from the lien holder allowing you to take it into Mexico.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Do you need a permit to stay longer?

Not in the border towns, only if you verture furder down, from Tinuana you can go as far as the port of Ensenada, past Ensenada you need a visa and a vhehicle permit, there are US citizens living in the border towns that never get permkts.

navegator

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you need to get some sort of tourist permit if you stay more than a day or so?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
You will need a passport, passport card, or enhanced drivers license to return to the US from Mexico (or Canada) by land.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Check with your insurance provider to see if the vehicle is covered in Mexico, some companies cover some do not, and make sure it has medical coverage.
All State does cover for a few miles in to Mexico.

A passport or border crossing card will be requiered upon return to the U.S. or other document that proves you are a citizen, drivers licence are not proof anymore.

Do not take any weapons in to Mexico at all!

Also do not purchase medicines without a valid perscription.

Althow small amounts of mariguana for personal use are legal in California and Mexico and related drug parfenelia, under federal laws they are ilegal, if you use leave all at home and do not bring any back, if the K-9 snifs it out you are done.

Otherwise engoy the trip, it is a different world

Next post down deals with travelling to Mexico and the requiered documents for a longer and further travel in to Mexico.

navegator