cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you list your rv for sale

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
Can you list your RV for sale on this forum?
16 REPLIES 16

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
Gdetrailer wrote:
Did you try listing on craigslist.org ?

For RVs it is a free listing,

Costs $5.00 in some areas now. I know this is true in WA State.
Fee was implemented about a year or so ago.

:R

You didn't bother to read ALL of the posts, did you?

Right above YOUR post I did mention that I stand corrected.. Jeeze..

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Gdetrailer wrote:

For RVs it is a free listing,

Costs $5.00 in some areas now. I know this is true in WA State.
Fee was implemented about a year or so ago.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
jesseannie wrote:
I paid 5.00 for a listing on Craigslist. It is a new fee for vehicles.
I sold my trailer on the second day. It was a good sale.

I stand corrected.. That explains why so little trash is listed in the RV and trailer section..

Very sad to see they had to do this but it weeded out a lot of the scammers from the auto listings a couple of yrs ago..

$5 for the posting isn't bad and gets you good area coverage and if you priced it right will sell fairly quickly..

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
CA Traveler wrote:
What are the options to securely handle the money tranfer for a sale?

Simple, in person transaction.

Never buy unless it has a free and clear title (no leans/bank loans IE "paid off" to keep your transaction simple and clean as possible.

For large sums of money you can have your bank wire the money to sellers bank in a one way transaction and of course the reverse if you are selling the buyer can wire the money to you bank. If you have questions about wiring direct bank to bank, ask the bank you deal with on how this is done.

Folks seem to think ebay is a safe bet for money, it isn't, lots of hucksters there that will take your money with fake accounts..

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
CA Traveler wrote:

Since my sale was local I arranged to meet the buyer at her bank. The bank issued a check to me for the total price. Donโ€™t know of a safer way. Takes all the worry out of it.

Donโ€™t even consider self financing any part of it. I found out months later the buyer had abandoned it at an RV park.

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I have it on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
CA Traveler wrote:

Cash
Bank to bank funds transfer
Cashiers check verified prior to handing over the title

Just a few methods Iโ€™ve used.

If youโ€™re a seller. Figure it out. The definition of annoying starts with a seller who is fickle and unable to process how to do a transaction. (Right behind those that donโ€™t leave a phone numberโ€ฆ)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BB_TX wrote:
Sold ours on facebook Marketplace in 2 days after listing it. Nice thing about Marketplace is you can limit the advertised area to what ever radius you want to keep it relatively local, making it easy to show potential buyers and easy to meet them at their bank to get a bank issued check for payment, removing any concern about that.

Lol. Are you insinuating there is a way of โ€œblockingโ€ those users who are not โ€œlocal?โ€
Not sure your train of thought hereโ€ฆ.but thereโ€™s a lot of things that donโ€™t make sense to meโ€ฆespecially on this forum.

But whatever floats your boat. Just know you canโ€™t limit who sees the add based on their location from which they use Craigslist.
What you meant to say is if youโ€™re searching, you can limit the radius around a central location (any location) that you see.
โ€œSorry sir/maโ€™am but you live to far away from me to buy my RV. Yer money ainโ€™t no good in these here partsโ€ฆโ€. Hahahaha
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't mind sale listings but it is CW's site and that isn't in their business plan. So be it!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I paid 5.00 for a listing on Craigslist. It is a new fee for vehicles.
I sold my trailer on the second day. It was a good sale.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Sold ours on facebook Marketplace in 2 days after listing it. Nice thing about Marketplace is you can limit the advertised area to what ever radius you want to keep it relatively local, making it easy to show potential buyers and easy to meet them at their bank to get a bank issued check for payment, removing any concern about that.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III

If you haven't I would suggest trying it.

For RVs it is a free listing, easy to setup an account and they give you something like 20 pictures you can load for the add.

Go to craigslist.org, search for a city listed closest to you and post your add on that listing..

Big items like RVs really are best sold locally, it is very difficult for both parties to work remotely on looking and buying long distance and myself, I would never want to try buying a RV sight unseen..

If you have been posting on CR and not getting a bite, fair chance you are pricing it way to high.. Folks think their rigs are made of gold, they aren't and right now folks are listing them for 50% higher than the actual market value.. In my area, none of the high and overpriced RVs are moving, the listings have been the same rigs for months..

Just finishing up a deal today for my Father In Law involving a park model (going to tow it home today for my Father In Law), the poster was asking better than 60% higher than what NADA guide stated.. Bought it for NADA average price after haggling and I feel that is still higher than what it should have been..

Funny thing was the seller had tried ebay, wanted me to bid on it without looking at it, told him I don't do that as there are too many shill bidders and non paying bidders.. Told him to contact me when the deal falls through.. Yep, he contacted me when it fell through..

Be realistic in pricing and don't add additional war and flu tax on it in hopes of scoring a retirement bonus..

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
RVTrader.com
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress