cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New dog!

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, I hope everyone is doing well it's been a minute since I've been on this board. Any suggestions on a baby gate for our new dog it loves squirrel's.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus
6 REPLIES 6

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I've been away for some time as well, hope you've been riding/racing some, me not so much this year.

I just did a quick Amazon search and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Cumbor-Durability-Doorways-2-75-Inch-8-25-Inch/dp/B07WFZSW72/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1KCR4C8SA3GVS&keywords=baby+gates+for+doorways&qid=1656543579&sprefix=baby+gate%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-6

Looks pretty adjustable
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the narrowness of the RV door may be hard to fit.

One thing I would say to do for certain is replace the screening in the door for this screening

It holds up much better to a dog pushing/pawing at it than regular screening.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Y-Guy
We used the Regalo baby gates. But with the door in the RV it might be tough to find that isn't to wide. For the exterior doors you might look into using some these Banister Adapter Y-Spindle Rods as they don't get knocked over as easy if they wrap around a door frame.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
It's our third dog this one's a rescue we're keeping her. Yes, I have a Toy Hauler it's not my first rodeo with a dog and a Toy Hauler, but this dog is nuts over squirrels. The use for the baby gate would be for the RV small door. This dog is two years old sixty pounds Pit mix Lab, German Shepherd.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on the new puppy! Tell us about him.

Where do you want to use the baby gate? You posted in the Toy Hauler board - do you want it for the trailer small door, the ramp door, or your house?

I hava a couple of these and have been very happy.

The main gate let's you walk through instead of having to climb over or move it. The small door allows the cats to get through (I have one who isn't a jumper, so this comes in very handy).

Whem my Tornado-dog was little, he was able to go through the small door. And since he has a very thin build, he didn't grow too big to do so until he was about 9 months old. During that time, I kept the small door closed.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Y-Guy
Just a gate or do you need more of a fence? If you get a fence get at least 32" high if not 40" high. The 24" ones will be pointless before the dog is trained.

For gates, we use the spring tension walk through gates. Our dogs are now 3 and 1 so gates are mostly all down, but we've keep them as we expect our kids will have kids or dogs coming along. Gates with extensions are great as you can adjust to various locations.

Congrats on the pup. What did you get?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon