cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charleston SC and Savannah Ga

williams1989
Explorer
Explorer
Would love to visit Charleston Area and Savannah Areas....can you recommend some good campgrounds?

Thanks in Advance!
Happy Camping and Safe Travels!
The Williams Family
9 REPLIES 9

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Horsedoc wrote:
We like James Island but found the limbs hanging over the roadway to be very low. Hope they have been cut since we were there. Pretty scary worrying about leaving an air conditioner laying in the street behind you.

I didn't think the campground itself was bad. There is a road you drive in on where the oak trees are huge and literally right next to the road.

The email you get from the park when you register tells you how to avoid that road.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like James Island but found the limbs hanging over the roadway to be very low. Hope they have been cut since we were there. Pretty scary worrying about leaving an air conditioner laying in the street behind you.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
James Island is our favorite in Charleston. I've looked at other campgrounds, but JICP is the best, hands down.

Savannah has a couple of options, depending upon what we are looking for. We like Red Gate Campground, it is a quiet campground with a cool little farmette for the kids to enjoy. We also like Creekfire, which is a very large and amenity filled campground. We haven't stayed at Skidaway Island, but we have friends that have and we've driven through and its very nice.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
If you cannot get reservations for James Island, we have found Oak Plantation to be a well run park and easily access to Charleston area. We have also found Creekfire Resort to be a good alternative to Skidaway Park if cannot get into the state park.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

williams1989
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
Happy Camping and Safe Travels!
The Williams Family

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Charleston - James Island County Park

Savannah - Skidaway Island State Park
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on James Island. Full hookups,nice sites,many paved walking and biking trails and more.

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway Island state park in Savannah, James Island county park in Charleston
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
James Island County Park (in Charleston) is great. The KOA in Mount Pleasant (SC) is very nice too.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT