cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route to Up The Creek, Pigeon Forge, TN

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Will be travelling to Up The Creek RV Campground in Pigeon, TN in a couple weeks.

I am coming from SC on I-26. The practical route is to get on I-40. Currently there is a bridge being replaced on I-40 right around the NC/TN border. You take the exit off I-40 and then get right back on. Doesn't seem so bad but the past two days it has been backed up for a long distance prior to this bridge.

I am considering staying on I-26 past Asheville and taking US 25 instead. Pulling a TT. Anyone familiar with US 25. I would be on 25 until mile marker 432 on I-40.

Thoughts?
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
3 REPLIES 3

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Quite honestly I think your best bet is to stay on 40. We were through 2 weeks ago and it was not that bad and didn't take long to get through although it did slow down and stopped a couple times. You potentially have a bigger issue with the construction on 26 south of Asheville. Patience is a virtue.

Up the Creek is a nice campground. Been by it many times and it looks nice. Enjoy your time here.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
ken56
Thanks for the information. I am pulling a TT with the height of 10.5'. If I was to take 25 I would not get back on 40, I would just cross or go under it. I am leaning on just staying on 40. As a kid I lived in NE TN and loved riding that section of 40. Had great views. Last time I was on it the trees had grown so tall the views were all but gone. Trucks were not limited to the right lane only back then either. I remember a huge slab of rock where you could see tire marks as it was used as a road. Can't see that anymore.

Congestion will slow traffic down so wife will be more relaxed, not that I drive like an idiot, it will slow down the others who are idiots.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
No real problems with the bridge issue. Time of day of course will determine traffic conditions and if the back up is bad. You seem to be on top of that though. I've taken 25 many times but one question, how tall is your trailer or motorhome? There is a low clearance coming into Newport TN, 13' 10". Most rigs can pass under it but some?? Make sure of yours. The road is decent for the most part but it is still in the mountains. There is only one area that is steep and twisty. others are just steep....nothing hair raising though. I've done it pulling my 37 foot TT.

Now, going through Newport it can be busy for a little burg and the street will accommodate you but right through downtown might be considered narrow. You can't go fast anyway and it's only a short way through town.

Next challenge is connect with 411 and head toward Sevierville/Pigeon Forge. There is no need to get back on 40. It's a new wide road....UNTIL ..you get to Bush's beans. Then it's a 2 lane road for some miles into Sevierville. Use Google maps. Stop at Bush's Beans Visitor Center. They were redoing the museum and I don't know if it's back open yet.

When you get into PF patience is indeed in order. Traffic has been heavy here already.