Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dryer Vent / Exhaust

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Good day to all!
Have a thought, question, etc. need ideas, thoughts, comments etc.
All comments will be appreciated.
So here goes, we have a 2019 Reflection 337 fifth wheel. Closet has space and hook ups for washer and dryer. both sides of the wall inside the closet are marked for a dryer vent that goes through the wall. I am going to use an inside vent temporarily first while gathering info.
I am thinking of going down through the floor of the closet and out underneath near the hitch area. Obviously I would pull the plastic panel down first to make sure I wasn't along a structural cross piece or any wiring. This thought is to keep from cutting a hole in the side and just having the vent downward to the ground.
Securing it closed would be simple with a little hinged door as to keep bugs, debris etc. from coming in while traveling etc.
So thoughts, ideas etc. welcome.
Have a great day!!!
Jeff
6 REPLIES 6

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Glad we could help and glad to hear you are one of the folks who asks for help and actually follows the advice from those have already done the work!

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
yep to all a thanks. I was planning on just dropping through the floor, thought it would make things nicer inside, but after some more checking, getting input, i will just go through the spot on the wall. will have to cut a notch in the shelf for the hose, but no biggie there. I will order the black one off Amazon when i get back. thanks again. have a great day

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Why? I bought mine from PPL Motor Home while on the road, best price I found. Drill a 4" hole the rest s easy, if your is marked even easier mine was not. This install was done while on the road.

Click For Full-Size Image.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"I am going to use an inside vent temporarily..."

I wouldn't even try to vent a clothes dryer inside my RV...or my stickbuilt home.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I would go through the wall as designed. The outside vent won't leak and there is a screen filter between the vent and the dryer so bugs and other creatures have nowhere to go. It will also reduce any back pressure if the vent line you plan to create is pretty long. I have had a dryer (both Splendide and stacked) with an external side vent and we have never had an kind of issue.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
If you are using a Splendede, I think they come with a model that doesn't use a vent
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog